Gsg 1911-22

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by JonM, Jan 15, 2011.

1. JonM

JonM Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

went to the waukesha gunshow today to slap eyes on a gsg 1911-22. found one in the whole show got to fondle it. it was a lot higher quality than i expected. the one at the show was 350$ so i went to my ffl guy from whom i typically get my NIB guns from and ordered one for 305$. should be here and in hand after 48hour waiting period and ill be able to make a range trip next weekend.

the weight was the same as a light weight frame 1911.

plans for it are a cylinder and slide sear kit, some nice double diamond wood grips, elimination of the beaver tail grip safety, elimination of the ambi-safety, and possibly replacing the plastic sights.

2. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

Ordered one for a guy a couple months back and the first thing he did was accidentally drop the magazine and broke it. Next the barrel bushing broke and I had to order one of those. Jon I hope you have better luck than he has.

By the way, how was the show? I was heading up there this morning but I'm taking the dog out to Bong instead for a walk. First weekend day off since Christmas and I'm having a tough time getting out of my PJs.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2011

3. JonM

JonM Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I've got a lot of spare parts for 1911s. Which is why I was interested in the gsg. I figured the internals can't be any great shakes, but the frame and slide takes a lot of standard 1911 parts. I didn't care for the chiappa and the kimber conversion is junk. Even if I have to replace all the internals I am hoping ill have a functioning 22 1911.

I don't drop my 22 mags most are cheap plastic. Gonna run 1000 rounds through it when I get it.