Grouping my XDm .45 & 9mm 5.25

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by Gray Ghost, Oct 5, 2012.

  1. Gray Ghost

    Gray Ghost New Member

    Boy! what a pair of pistols from SA! NIB to out of the box and taking the first shots! Since I first purchased these XDms, They have made these old Veteran's eyes feel like my younger days with the "hawk-eye" vision. Hundreds and hundreds of rounds later, my bench rest groupings about the size of a silver dollar at 15-18 yards just keeps on amazing me. No matter what I offer these "bottom-feeders", they simply send it down range with amazing accuracy. Must mention some "flyers" and shaky operator hands on occasion. The only thing I have done different, is to change out the red fiber optic front sight tube to the green one on the 5.25. (Have trouble with reds nowadays.) At the Fort Lee POW (Privately Owned Weapons) range, folks are just curious. I have let many folks/servicemen and veterans shoot these two pistols and comments have always been most favorable 98% of the time. The other 2% comments were usually simply about the grips which I have set up for my large and long hand. I use the No.2 grip insert and my grips are covered with the Pachmayr Tactical Grip Gloves. I have two other XDms, one 9mm 4.5 and one .40 S&W 4.5 set up the same way. Anyway, just felt like passing this on to you guys. Also, thanks again to you all who have given me advice from time to time about poly pistols. Feel like I've been neglecting my other steel on steel ones, but they'll get over it!