Grips and sights for a Para

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Franciscomv, Feb 7, 2010.

1. Franciscomv

Franciscomv New Member

I've decided that instead of buying a new gun in the near future, I want to make some improvements to the ones I already own. It's mostly aesthetic stuff and accesories like holsters, extra magazines, etc.

I'm going to start with my Para P14-45. It needs some nice wood or G-10 grips, any suggestions about where to get them? Standard 1911 grips don't fit. :mad:

The other change I want to make is the rear sight, I'm looking for an adjustable sight that's not very bulky. What brands should I be looking at?

2. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Active Member

Novak makes excellent adjustable rear sights that don't have any sharp edges or stick way up.

3. Franciscomv

Franciscomv New Member

Thanks, I'll take a look at those! Any ideas about grips?

4. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
  5. Franciscomv

Franciscomv New Member

Thanks for the Hogue link, Cane. I'm feeling a bit silly for not checking that one first.

My pistol has a regular dovetail cut, not a Bomar cut so that sight won't work. :(

6. NGIB

NGIB New Member

I've used Dawson Precision for sights on more than one occasion - they carry a wide variety. As for grips, I've found Para double-stack grips on Ebay more than once...

7. Franciscomv

Franciscomv New Member

Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
  8. MB44

MB44 New Member

They dont ship to Argentina, or they don't ship out of US/Canada ? Did you talk to them ?
    I'm down here in Chile, and I was about to order some item from them...:confused: