Grip Textured Shotgun

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by GorillaGunworks, Oct 21, 2013.

1. GorillaGunworks

GorillaGunworks New Member

Grip Textured Shotgun (Update)

Hey guys just wanted to show a little shop project im doing to take to gunshows and show to customers. i have more planned for it. but this is the first thing i did to it. i textured the forend and grip on the buttstock. the texture feels great in the hands definitly feels like it wont slip out of your hands great grip. ive got more to come i will update this post as i make progress on this project.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
  2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Looks like stippling. Tough to tell without close ups. Looks good though.

3. 304inc

304inc New Member

I agree it looks nice,, but some closer shots so we see the texture would be great.

4. GorillaGunworks

Just a little update, i took the trigger assembly apart on this project and polished everything smooth to clean up the trigger pull, not looking to lower any weight just clean the grit out of it. im not a fan of trigger jobs on shotguns. here are some before and afters for you guys.

Attached Files:

5. GorillaGunworks

Update. Polished and Jeweled the Action Bars on the shot gun and Jeweled the Carrier. Im going to polish and jewel the bolt aswell i will upload pics when im done.

Attached Files:

6. GorillaGunworks

Update on the shotgun project. Refinished the receiver and barrel in carbon fiber. Just a couple more tweaks and it will be done.

Attached Files:

7. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

Looks cool. Not really a direction I myself would go, but not too shabby. I have a friend sitting here that it wondering what texturing work like this would run for a Mossberg 500. please let me know so I can pass the info on to him.

8. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

It's hydrostatic dipping and stippling.
    If you're interested in knowing.

9. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

Thanks MM. I was wondering about that. As I said before, not my style, but still pretty cool.