Firearms Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
Subcomp9 said:
Do or will they make an extended grip for the xds .45 acp
I just bought this gun today and Springfield actually makes a 7 round magazine for this gun
with 2 grip extenders as well. I picked one up
with the gun but of course it makes it harder
to conceal if you carry the gun.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sjn1955 said:
I just bought this gun today and Springfield actually makes a 7 round magazine for this gun
with 2 grip extenders as well. I picked one up
with the gun but of course it makes it harder
to conceal if you carry the gun.
I'd have to get the extension my hands were way to big for the pistol. It wasn't comfortable at all and how much did you pay for it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
I paid 540. 00 for it and it is going to be my EDC.
Now having said that I have quite an extensive
collection of carry guns in 357 9mm 40 caliber and other 45s but in my opinion this XDs is the
perfect blend of stopping power and size given the fact I can carry a back up mag with 7 rounds
as well as the 5 plus 1 in the gun itself.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
Subcomp9 said:
I'd have to get the extension my hands were way to big for the pistol. It wasn't comfortable at all and how much did you pay for it?
For the record I also have the subcompact 9 and
subcompact 40 as well as the 3.8 compact XDm
in 45 as well. These are great guns as well. I like
them better than my Glocks in same size and
caliber.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
278 Posts
I have a Pearce Grip Extension on my XD Subcompact .40 and 9mm. I love them. Think I only paid about $10 for them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
Subcomp9 said:
I'd have to get the extension my hands were way to big for the pistol. It wasn't comfortable at all and how much did you pay for it?
I haven't shot the XDs yet but when I do I will
post a range report.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
I sent an email to pierce grips they have the xds exension in process they said they will be available in 2 months
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
sjn1955 said:
I haven't shot the XDs yet but when I do I will
post a range report.
I took the XDS to the range yesterday and put
250 rounds through it. I shot round nose ammo and hollow point ammo from Federal , Blazer and
Hornady's critical defense ammo as well. The gun shot flawlessly and was right on the money
as far as accuracy. The recoil was no greater than shooting my Glock 26 ! This gun is awesome
and is going to be my EDC gun. Anyone looking for an awesome 45 in a concealable package this is your baby!!!'
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Just spoke with pierce grips, the extensions for the XDs are being mfg now some are being packaged now. Shipping target is the 2nd week in November. He suggested checking the website
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
drc said:
Just spoke with pierce grips, the extensions for the XDs are being mfg now some are being packaged now. Shipping target is the 2nd week in November. He suggested checking the website
Good news grip extensions will be available November 1
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,989 Posts
Now this thread makes me think I should keep the XDS I have coming in today...hmmm, decisions, decisions.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top