Firearms Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a Griffin Armament (This one in 1/2x28) muzzle break for my AR. It's threaded for 1/2x28, which is what i purchased, but it seems to only screw on 1/4 of the way there before getting extremely hard to twist as if it's the wrong thread type. I've confirmed that the threads on my barrel are in fact 1/2x28 with a thread pitch gauge, even the surefire procomp I purchased with the rifle is threaded in 1/2x28 and twists on just fine. I've tried just about everything I could think of to make it fit but it just will not budge. Is there something I'm missing? I feel like it should be obvious but I just don't get it. any help is greatly appreciated!
Automotive tire Auto part Font Bicycle part Monochrome photography

Attachments

·
Administrator
1,499 Posts
@wyatt20151 - Welcome to the site. Please wander over to the Introductions section and tell us a bit about yourself. You will also want to familiarize yourself with this thread (it has good information on the site): So yer new here, huh?

·
Supporting Member
14,893 Posts

My advice, I would contact Griffin Armament directly about your Brake. Does yours state 1/2X28 in the Muzzle Break?
As I believe it should. Then you could explain your situation and also email them pictures or anything they would need.
My question just thinking is there some kind of spacer sleeve that would possibly accompany it? That the Muzzle Break would tighten down on! Only a thought?? You can also ask them when you talk to them,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts