Gremlin Sighting in my Driveway

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by CA357, Sep 19, 2009.

1. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

As we were heading to bed around midnight last night, my wife spotted somebody hunched over at the rear wheel of my truck. I grabbed my Model 37 and a flashlight, handed her the phone to dial 911 if necessary and went out to check. (I almost grabbed my shotgun)

I didn't spot anybody, so I checked the area and came up empty. We were too wired to go to sleep right away, so we stayed up and read for a while before sleep would come.

We live in a very good neighborhood, but anything can happen in the city. A nice neighborhood isn't what it once represented.

Since we live in CA, I only carry the 37 at home in an IWB holster.

2. BigByrd47119

BigByrd47119 New Member

Sorry to hear about that. Did you learn anything that maybe you need to add to your defence plan, or maybe learn somthing you need to cut out to simplify? Situations like that are a mixed blessing, I just hope you walked away with valuable information.:)

Glad to hear everyones ok

3. CA357

Thanks Byrd. I learned that if I had moved a bit faster, I might have caught the guy. I also learned that my small Surefire flashlight really illuminates quite well and to fairly long distances.

I also learned that my wife doesn't know how to be silent. I had to keep shushing her so I could hear. :rolleyes:

4. OC357

OC357 New Member

Sounds like time for some motion detector lighting. Maybe one of those security camera systems??

OC

5. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

That's a good idea, OC. They can be had relatively cheap at several places. I see them all the time in Sportman's Guide.

6. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Does anyone know any woman that can be silent? :eek: :D

7. CA357

It was dangerous. She kept talking and I really had trouble hearing. :(

8. BigByrd47119

BigByrd47119 New Member

I trust you talked to her about the importance of it afterwards. Also, +1 to the motion lights. They are awsome and work well. Great for spotting them damn coons late at night too!

9. Samples.32

Samples.32 New Member

Yeah that one is quite easy... Tell her she needs to lose about 30 pounds she will be shocked into silence and refuse to speak to you afterwards.

10. CA357

My wife is Sicilian. You tell her she needs to lose weight Samples. ;)

11. Samples.32

Samples.32 New Member

Good point. I would punch Aaron in the face and tell him he needs plastic surgery :)

12. CA357

See! I tol' ya'. :D

13. WDB

WDB New Member

Motion lights are a good idea, even more practice with the wife. Show her what she should do if bad happens at your home. You don't want her talking in your ear or making noise but she doesn't know until you explain it to her and practice it. Might seem stupid or funny but understand the goal (keep you and yours safe). Do wait for bad to happen prepare for it. You don't have to turn your home into a bunker to be safe, just have a plan that everyone undrstands and practices.

14. CA357

Yup, good points. I'm prepared and ready, but my wife really isn't. She's comfortable and accurate with her model 60, but that's about all. I'll have to work on it with her.

15. orangello

orangello New Member

Glad nobody got hurt! Maybe a car alarm could be helpful; though, they can be annoying if you don't respond promptly to an alert. I will also say that i have come VERY near to soiling myself when a car surprised me with a blast of sirens, even though i had no bad intent. If you were to hit the panic button while somebody was crouched near your vehicle, they would probably not be to hard to ID by the pant stains/stench and deafness: patrolling officer "You lost sir? You seem to have something on your pants there, WHEW! Let me see some ID sir. Sir? SIR?" Croucher "Huh? What? Eh?"

16. Troy Michalik

Troy Michalik Is it Friday yet? Supporter

I say this in jest. But maybe to teach her the value of silence, the next time (real or practice) you send her down to the driveway and you take up a covering position from the window.

I'm glad everything turned out OK.

17. CA357

Geez Troy, that's cold blooded.

I like it. ;)

18. wsearfoss

wsearfoss New Member

Gremlin

I remember the Gremlin my friend had a green one