Firearms Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mourning the loss of Magpul.

Still beautiful enough that I'm sticking around.

My name is John but feel free to call me Sicko.

grew up with some rifles and shotguns in the house. My first was a single shot .410. The guns were stolen when I was young and never got replaced so I was out of the firearm scene for a good chunk of my life. I never really got into hunting even though many members of my family were avid hunters and only live an hour away. My Grandfather has quite a collection himself and did custom stock work and was friends with Wes Ugalde (who lived in my home town).

Fast foward to 7 years ago when we were threatened by our house builder by phone from JAIL! That lead to our first purchase, a Maverick 88 12 gauge and a renewed interest in firearms.

Since then, I've built up my own collection of the "essentials"

With the current state of infringements to our rights, I've gotten much more involved in the political side of things and have become much tighter with the local gun enthusiasts.

We are building a Gun club locally and there will be room for a gunsmith business but no local gunsmith. That is a role I hope to be able to fill soon.

From the looks of it I've found a great place here with plenty of great knowledge.

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
Welcome and good luck goin' forward!

·
Registered
21,822 Posts
to the FTF community. We are glad to have you as a new member!

All you need here is a thick skin and the ability to laugh at anything, including yourself!

Please read the following, it will save all of us a lot of time and trouble:

Please DO NOT post (including in your signature) advertisements, links to sell or advertise if you are not a vendor.

New folks- Please read this!!! << Click Here

FTF Newcomer's Guide << Click Here

How To Post Pics on FTF << Click Here

FTF's List Of Acronyms << Click Here

Join the Gun Owners of America, a worthy 2nd Amendment protector.

Gun Owners of America << Click Here

Please join the NRA, it serves all gun owners well.

Join the NRA << Click Here

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Canebrake.
Think I've already covered just about everything in your list. Joined the NRA when I took my CC class.

I've been a moderator on another forum for about 10 years and we have very similar rules (and a similar board setup)
I can appreciate what you guys go through ;)

·
Registered
341 Posts
I am really sorry to see what is going on in Colorado with gun rights. Who what have thunk? IMO your problem is with the influx of California Liberals leaving that failed state and imposing their misguided values on you. The left wing has estimated that they will be able to convert Texas from a solid red state to a Blue state by simply infiltrating the halls of government. You are under attack. Defend yourselves.

·
Retired
13,651 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Welcome to FTF

Welcome from Georgia. Glad you found us. Enjoy.

·
Premium Member
2,363 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Arkansas.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts