Firearms Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As others have already said, I was looking for something else and stumbled upon this forum. Lurked for awhile and decided I wanted to be a part of this group.

I live in Evansville which is the largest small town around. ~175,000 people in the county and most of us are usually one degree of separation from each other. I'm 55 with wife, two kids & two dogs. (The dogs listen to me the best.) I teach 8th grade Science here in town.

I've always enjoyed shooting. Started deer hunting in my thirties. A couple of years back a buddy took me to the Knob Creek Machine Gun shoot where I bought my first milsurplus. Mosin Nagant 91-30. Other interests are Scouts, camping, boating, computers and home handyman projects.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
E-don Welcome!!

:)
As others have already said, I was looking for something else and stumbled upon this forum. Lurked for awhile and decided I wanted to be a part of this group.

I live in Evansville which is the largest small town around. ~175,000 people in the county and most of us are usually one degree of separation from each other. I'm 55 with wife, two kids & two dogs. (The dogs listen to me the best.) I teach 8th grade Science here in town.

I've always enjoyed shooting. Started deer hunting in my thirties. A couple of years back a buddy took me to the Knob Creek Machine Gun shoot where I bought my first milsurplus. Mosin Nagant 91-30. Other interests are Scouts, camping, boating, computers and home handyman projects.
Welcome to the form, Don. Our Son lived in E-ville for awile, We live in the Indy area. Great info here--Have FUN!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Welcome aboard, I'm new also, so we can hang out in the corner together and observe the salty older board members nervously.

Science teacher eh? I love a bit of chemistry here and there. Send me a PM if you wanna talk shop.

Oh and I also love milsurps more than any man should love an inanimate object. Unforunately my (combination of mine and my fathers, which I use more than him) collection only contains:

Enfields:
SMLE
No4Mk1 unfired
No5
P14 (eddystone.303)

Mauser:
Colombian contract 30-06

MN:
1941 izzy 91/30,
Chinese type 53 (M44 knockoff)

Misc:
Boys .55 AT Rifle
82mm Mortar... Yeah... Funny story with that one.

Your town sounds nice, I am from Hobart, Tasmania; about 200,000, outlying rural areas are great for shooting.

·
Registered
21,822 Posts
Welcome Electron Don glad to have you aboard.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts