Firearms Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all,

I registered a week or so ago. I love the .22lr and was happy to see people talking about them here. I recently bought a Sig Mosquito, it had the usual problems but I think it was due to an excessive break in period. I have owned a 10/22 for 15 years now, and have a project rifle (very old single shot) to keep me busy. I look forward to talking with you all.

Christopher Raison

·
Registered
12 Posts
Greetings all,

I registered a week or so ago. I love the .22lr and was happy to see people talking about them here. I recently bought a Sig Mosquito, it had the usual problems but I think it was due to an excessive break in period. I have owned a 10/22 for 15 years now, and have a project rifle (very old single shot) to keep me busy. I look forward to talking with you all.

Christopher Raison
I too, bought a Mosquito recently. I was APPALED at how it FTF, until I went back to the manual and saw the part about oiling the lub port. A LUB PORT? On a SIG? But hey... Any way, my little Sig is now a shooter. Love the fact that it mimics a full size auto for training (double taps, holster drills, etc). Great balance, and wonderful rapid fire. Just to add...Federal ammo in the 550 count box at Walmart works just as good as the CCI mini-mags. At 12 bucks a box, you can shoot your heart's content. Happy shooting.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I too, bought a Mosquito recently. I was APPALED at how it FTF, until I went back to the manual and saw the part about oiling the lub port. A LUB PORT? On a SIG? But hey... Any way, my little Sig is now a shooter. Love the fact that it mimics a full size auto for training (double taps, holster drills, etc). Great balance, and wonderful rapid fire. Just to add...Federal ammo in the 550 count box at Walmart works just as good as the CCI mini-mags. At 12 bucks a box, you can shoot your heart's content. Happy shooting.

PS Forgot to mention...seems the Mosquito likes ammo rated at above 1250 fps. Always use the light spring. Maybe I will try some of that EDDY brand rated at 1400 fps with the heavy spring...at $36 per 500, maybe not.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts