Firearms Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, everyone.

I've been a firearms owner since I turned 18 and purchased my first long gun. My father was a programmer analyst who didn't own a firearm, and I myself am a computer technician who holds no allusions of being an expert; it was my Grandfather (on my mother's side) who introduced me to the world of hunting and fishing; and I've always felt myself at a disadvantage considering I've had very little time with him and no one else to ingrain the basics of firearm safety and handling with me.

Most of what I know is either common sense or self-taught, I.E. : Never point a gun at something unless you want it dead; and a gun is always considered loaded, no matter how many times I just checked the chamber. Still a young man; I've always sought out those with more knowledge than I when dealing with something I'd like to know more about, including making friends with those in the military and law enforcement, and this forum seemed like a good place.

So try to be gentle with me when I ask dumb questions, and have no fear of letting me know my mistakes.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Welcome from Venezuela

Welcoem and glad to have you around! :p
I know that all you questions will be answered by this bunch of nice people with a lot of knowledge and ready to share quite all that knowledge and wisdom :D Enjoy our forum!.

·
Banned
23,968 Posts
Welcome to the Forum - and ask all the questions you need too to get answers. The guys here are all friendly and willing to help out...

JD

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Welcome my brother. Follow you grandfather's lead, introduce some other kid to hunting and firearms, the pleasure will be all yours. Hunter Joe

·
Registered
21,822 Posts
LegatoRedrivers, Glad to have you aboard.

There are no dumb questions here at FTF, just dumb members!

Seriously, all you need to possess here on the FTF is;
A thick skin and
A sense of humor that allows you to laugh at everything including yourself!

With that, you'll fit in here no problem!

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Welcome In! leg

Welcome to the forum, Leg.......... There's several of us Indiana people in here. Yea, I know-snow tomorrow. Stick around+speak up:D:D

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Welcome,
Lots of good people here to help answers your questions.

·
Premium Member
19,844 Posts
Welcome here. You may want to pick up some books by the late Col. Jeff Cooper. One of the most outstanding is "The Art of the Rifle". You can learn a bunch from him.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Welcome, also from Indiana. From what part of Indiana do you hale? I'm a southern boy, Harrison county, I can hear the river barges as they cruise by.:D

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
God She's Ugly

Welcome, also from Indiana. From what part of Indiana do you hale? I'm a southern boy, Harrison county, I can hear the river barges as they cruise by.:D
It's the first I've seen your avatar for the week, drag. Damn good+DAMN UGLY:p:D:p

·
Registered
167 Posts
welcome! if you want answers they are here plus you can probably answer some of our questions! get involved

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I grew up in nap-town, but I've spent the past few years living in the northern reaches of the state.

Thanks to all for your warm welcomes, and I'll try not to be just another lurker. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts