Firearms Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm a newbie to this forum. From time to time I will ask random questions regarding firearms and firearms education or I will just read people's posts. I'm a young adult here in California having to live with oppressive anti-gun laws, am an NRA member, and don't have much opportunity to have hands on experience with firearms as much as I can. Due to the fact that I'm on a limited income and gas prices and the economy going to hell in a hand basket. At least here and other websites I can get a general instruction.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
I don't know if you've seen the latest assembly bill to come out of Sacramento yet, but now would be a good time to buy mass quantities of ammo.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know if you've seen the latest assembly bill to come out of Sacramento yet, but now would be a good time to buy mass quantities of ammo.
HOLY CRAP! :eek: I just got a notification from the NRA. Will this effect buying shotgun rounds??? I'm a shotgunner the most. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Banned
23,968 Posts
Welcome from the Pacific Northwest....

As far as buying ammo, I am with Matt, you should stock as much as you can....

....Or just move. :cool:

JD

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome from the Pacific Northwest....

As far as buying ammo, I am with Matt, you should stock as much as you can....

....Or just move. :cool:

JD
Crap! I'm thinking of going to Wal-Mart now after work and getting the rest of their buckshot. I just got a Mossberg 88 (their Maverick line) and I still need to break into it. This really sucks... I want to move out of this hell hole but money is ALWAYS an issue. For the longest time I've wanted to move to Idaho. Just another crap law that will increase crime in this state.... God help us. :mad:

·
Premium Member
19,844 Posts
Welcome here from another Californian, soon to be an ex-Californian. Move out now! You're young and a world of opportunity is open for you.

·
Banned
23,968 Posts
Yeah, the People's Republic of Kalifornia isn't doing you folks any services that is for sure. I spent about 5 years there, working as an "invited contractor" and they taxed my hotel charges and taxed my pay, even though my place of residence was outside of the state. Then, at the end of the year, I had to file a tax return for your state, only to find out they were going to keep about 80% of what they took in the first place. I had a CWP for Washington for about 10 years prior to coming down there, but there is no reciprocity, so I had to take a $120, (2) day, 16 hour class to be certified to carry in Kalifornia. I worked in Oakland for God's sake - shouldn't there have been sanity in that ruling? :mad:

In any event, while the weather is nice, and the women look good, you can keep that friggin place...

JD

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Holy crap.... they taxed that much!??! I do plan on leaving and never coming back! As for the weather.. it is NOT nice at all. The humidity is horrible, it's harder to breath, the heat during the summer has killed people in my town, only the coast towns are nice for weather. As for the women here, they are actually disgusting and the pretty ones are at LEAST 83% sexually promiscuous or are damaged goods, I seen and observed such things... dont ask. Not a place to meet a decent women, not a good place start a family and raise kids unless your well off with money, then at that time you can either home school them or send them to a better than thou school. I know I'm just complaining right now but any small compliments on California I have to attack right away.... a reflex action. I'm already looking into places in Idaho and jobs.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Welcome to the forum :D:D:D:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts