Great quality pump w/high capacity

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by JCANNON, Dec 13, 2012.

1. JCANNON

JCANNON New Member

First time poster here...hoping you guys can share some knowledge. I've been reading through the forums and have found that the benelli, Ithaca , and Remington's are great shotguns. the one that stands out to me is the benelli but its only a 4+1. Is this standard for pumps? I'm just look for great quality and get stand a little beating up. Thanks guys

2. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

4 or 5 +1 is usually the norm, there are tube extensions or some Mossberg models that are 8+1. You could also go with a 15+1 if you're looking to spend a $1k

3. eight225588

eight225588 New Member

i have a maverick 88 and a H&R pardner pump and love them both no jamming or other major problems they are both 5+1

4. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

Mossberg proper has many options. And are you sure someone told you Remingtons are great? Recently!?

5. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

Mossberg, and Maverick both make great 8 shot pumps. If you have a 5 shot Mossberg or Maverick you can install a new choke tube and spring. Brownells sells a kit that includes a new barrel, and the proper magazine tube and spring for around $150. If you are on a budget their is nothing wrong with a Stevens 8 shot pump.

6. JCANNON

JCANNON New Member

True I have heard of some recent build quality issues

7. JCANNON

JCANNON New Member

are mossberg and maverick guns that can last me as a "pass it off to my children's children" kind of gun? any thoughts on the benellis as well?

8. akers06

akers06 New Member

The Benelli novas are great guns imo.the best new pump gun there is I'm pretty sure the 4+1 is for 3 1/2" shells any shorter shells are 5+1 capacity

9. tonydewar

tonydewar New Member

are you kidding? the first question yes if you shoot 100 rounds a year no if your shooting 3000. second benelli is a very good entry level pump gun andshould hold up.life is to short to shoot ugly guns!

10. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

A Mossberg will last longer than just about any other pump gun. Marines and Army have been using it for a long time. Look for the Mossberg 590A1, awesome 8+1 shotgun.

11. Colby

Colby New Member

There's a lot to be said for that!

12. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

what ever dude! You should just go buy a benilli.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  13. JCANNON

JCANNON New Member

checked it out seems great thanks

14. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

Marines use Benelli shotguns now :D

15. tonydewar

tonydewar New Member

save your lunch money up and buy a beretta

16. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

The M1014 which is a semi auto. They still use Mossberg pump guns.

OP if ur looking for a good quality pump gun that will last forever and isn't too expensive get a mossy. Benelli pump shotguns arnt worth the price markup.

17. akers06

akers06 New Member

The benelli pumps aren't much higher than the mossturds and are a lot better gun

18. tonydewar

tonydewar New Member

life is to short to shoot cheep ugly guns

19. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

Sorry but you are misinformed friend. I've shot the Benellies and really I hate them. They are awkward and uncomfortable, and do not shoot any better than other pumps (Remington , Mossberg). A Mossberg will take any abuse a shotgun will see during everyday hunting/shooting use.

Ohh and the 835 and 590A1 are two of the only pump to pass all military trials. Sorry, just a better gun for less money.

20. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Look for an older, lightly used Winchester Defender. Strong as nails and very easy to maintain. The strongest barrels in the market. Rotating bolt insures solid lock up. Alloy receiver for light weight. 7 + 1 capacity. The only draw back is they have limited sight options. Bead or ...Bead.