Great idea for saving energy.

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by skullcrusher, Mar 12, 2011.

1. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

I have the solution to all of our energy problems (personally I don't have any and drilling and refining would be the real answer).

Let's all turn our clocks back one hour come 3-13-11. Then, we can turn them ahead one hour once past the equinox and near the solstice. :D

2. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

That's WAY too complicated for me!

3. Cattledog

Cattledog New Member

lets get rid of daylight saving time altogether. its got to cost a few million in productivity just re setting clocks twice a year and the government pays farmers NOT to farm anyway.

Wait...better idea. we'll use bloombergs anti-gun bus to run on a huge tread mill to create power. His whole movement is about spinning wheels aimlessly, so lets make it useful.

4. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Not only that, but I am concerned about all of the lost time work by the early birds. 6am start is now 5am. You know they won't do anything during the first hour for at least 5 or 6 months. :eek:

5. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

OK. In the meantime...
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DDZEdkoaY4]YouTube - Pixies - Where Is My Mind? Fight Club Soundtrack[/ame]

6. Cattledog

Cattledog New Member

I dont do anything for the first hour, every day of the year...

7. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Amen! :cool: I think it's on of the stupidest ideas going and whether it's dark or light out I have to get up and get work done. :cool:

8. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Cool that you get the joke, but daylight saving has nothing to do with farmers and never did. In theory, it reduces the use of electricity. In originality, it reduced the amount of lamp oil consumed per annum. Farmers have never cared what time it was; sun up to sun down is their clock. :cool:

9. Cattledog

Cattledog New Member

I'm gonna start a facebook movement to protest daylight savings time and demand that we get our hours back!

Daylight savings time reparations b!tches!

10. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Arizona does not do daylight savings time.:D

11. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I suggest the "Eco Wheel"

[​IMG]

We set up thousands of these around the Country. Then we round up the anti coal, oil, gas and nuclear power eco freaks. They can then voluntarily (or not) perform their non polluting, free range, holistic, patchouli stinking duty.

We could call it the "Jogging for Juice" project.

If they don't want us to have power our way, fine. But we're going to have power one way or another. ;)

12. Cattledog

Cattledog New Member

right right conservation and what not. Thanks for sobering up what was about to become a complete nonsense thread... i was having fun :p

how about a complete switch to renewable energy like wind, solar, fusion and tidal so the whole conservation argument becomes a moot point

13. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

I apologize, Cattledog. :( You were on a roll before I saw the hill. :eek:

Roll on, friend, roll on. :D

14. freefall

freefall New Member

I'm all for daylight saving time. We're saving daylight instead of burning it, woo hoo. But why quit saving it in the winter? We need it worse then. I say let's spring ahead tonight and then QUIT. Stop forking around with my life. I'm saving your damn daylight, leave me alone. Find something else to harass me about, I realize harassing me is your job, you're the government, I'm just the poor schlub that pays your salary, but I am FREAKING SICK OF YOU MESSING UP MY SLEEP PATTERNS TWICE A YEAR! Thank you.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2011
  15. Shihan

If we didn't change the clocks, how would I ever remember to change the batteries in my smoke detectors.;)

16. Cattledog

Cattledog New Member

Yeah ! thats what i'm talkin about . The desert rats have it down! Cactus don't give a **** what time it is!

*drunk*

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2011
  17. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Because they start to chirp ;)

18. Shihan

Is that what I have been hearing for the last 2 months? I thought it was just the biological entity living in my head.

19. Cattledog

Cattledog New Member

It is your thread. I dont want to hijack it with my nonsensical gibberish. mea culpa. I hate it when that happens to me...speaking of. Can I get another cool music video here? w

seriously, I am so so sorry and sooooo drunk

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2011
  20. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Let's all move to Arizona. Back to Arizona for some of us. Besides, it's the most gun friendly state in the union anyway.