Great Effing day!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by jpattersonnh, May 6, 2011.

1. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

I sold 2 rifles today. Being unemployed for 12 of 16 months this past has been hard. I found a job in sales 2 months ago, and love it. Just w/ bills piling up and 2 young kids, house it is hard. My wife is a sweetheart, still gorgous at close to 50, I'm truely blessed. Well back to the really F@cking good part. I sold 2 rifles w/ accesories and ammo today and did very well. The buyer came by w/ cash in hand. It will help to pay off some debt. He's coming by next week to get another. 3 rifles, $2200.00. These are ones I just don't shoot! I've had 1 for 17 years. A good day!

2. 2hot2handle

2hot2handle New Member

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhDaP9yZ_20]YouTube - great day to be alive.wmv[/ame]

felt appropriate

3. Car54

Car54 New Member

Hey, you have a great attitude. Things will get better. Sorry you had to part with the guns though.

Good luck from here on.

4. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Hey jpat, your sig line says you don't own anything.

Is that fact or prophecy? j/k

Enjoy your day!

5. Boyerracing343

Boyerracing343 New Member Supporter

Hope matters continue to better for you.

6. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Here's to many more for you and your family ;) My condolences on having to sell your guns :(

7. jpattersonnh

I look at it as they are on loan. Either pay for bad times or go to my boys, so I possess them, but they will outlive me as my house will. Must be my Judo training. Even my dog is part of the family, nothing I own.

8. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

Things have a way of working out. Glad to hear it.

9. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

I am praying for the best situation to develop for you and your family JP! The sh!ts about your guns, but they have served a purpose and have gotten you past a rough spot in the road. They can always be replaced.

10. jpattersonnh

Hope your kids don't look like that avatar. ;)
    My Mini me from a few years ago.
    [​IMG]
    My oldest is me face wise, but my Dad in body. Big boy. Not fat mind you, just a large person. 6' plus is the norm for us northern Irish types. My middle son has the Hungarian part, dark skin and hair, but still blue eyes.
    Him playing at a The Blue jays AA field last year. He was 13.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Went through that a long time ago and had to sell off my guns for the family to survive. My family and a lot of other people were victims of a political struggle that wiped out a whole bunch of people. Could be why I hate politicians.
    None of us really own anything. We just lease things for a while.

12. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

JP,

The best from us your friends at the FTF. We wish you and the family the best. I can already see you also have been blessed by looking a the fine pictures of the family! And is that fine looking young man holding a Marlin Model 917 17HMR? Bet dad got it for him. You are correct my friend! No matter what we own it is only a temporary loan from the Big Guy upstairs. And like you, what I do have around. I hope and pray my grandchildren will enjoy what ever it is. I too have sold a many of guns and things to raise the family. Now we have four children and five grandchildren. And the sacrifice was worth it as I have detected in your post! Take Care!

13. dteed4094

dteed4094 New Member

Good luck JP. Maybe you can sell with an option to buy back next time. It really sucks to have to sell something to survive, You have had your share of bad luck with the boating accident and all

14. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Hang in there brother...

15. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Sounds like you might be turning a corner. I know I can relate with recent events in my life. I hope all continues to go well for you.

16. lonyaeger

lonyaeger Active Member

You're a good man, and I've learned a lot from you. Good things happen to good people. Your time will come soon. I'm glad to see that you're optimistic in spite of having to sell a few of your guns. Hang in there!