Grannys with Guns

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by mseric, Aug 6, 2014.

1. mseric

mseric New Member

AURORA – Grandmothers Konnie Couch and Robin Willoughby, 52 and 57, from Aurora in Dearborn County sit next to each other in matching pink shirts and chat about their businesses, grandchildren, illnesses. And their guns.

Both women have concealed carry licenses and carry their handguns with them at all times. And they know how to use them.

Couch and Willoughby are the founders of a new local group, Women Armed and Ready, or WAR. After both women were robbed around 2011, they decided they were tired of being victims and didn't want to see others go through what they did. After two years of development, they held their first meeting May 6.

"The thing of it is, bad things happen to good people all the time, and, if something bad is going to happen, it's gonna happen without warning," Couch said. "It's gonna be very quick, and you've gotta be prepared for it."

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2014/08/04/seeking-security-women-turn-guns/13609625/

2. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

3. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

I wish more folks had that much common sense.

4. Cnon

Cnon Member

Rock it, Grannies!!

Cnon

5. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

Good on the ladies for protecting themselves.

Many years ago our city council person was an elderly lady whom ran a liquor store. One night while closing up shop she was attacked by a cretin. She shot the scumbag square between the running lights with a .25 automatic.

6. molonlabexx

molonlabexx New Member

Sounds like she had good aim! Wow

7. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Until my grandmother broke her hip bringing in firewood at the spry age of 88, she used to make the trip to her mailbox, with her 7x57 Mauser or a H&R shotgun. Mostly because of snakes or cougars.. Her mail box was 1/2 mile down the hill from her SW Texas house. She's 101 now and living in a retirement home, now. She had me go and get the guns out of her house after she went into the home.

Quite a woman.

8. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

my own granny kept an old single shot 410 for protection in the corner of her bedroom. i think my father has it now.

funny story. she once many years ago shot at a stray dog with that shotgun that had chased her cat up a tree. she was trying to scare it off, which she did. well the police showed up and took her shotgun away from her, instead of writing her a ticket for discharging a firearm inside the city limits. (when my grandparents bought that house and first moved into it, it was a few miles from the city limits) my father went down to the station and picked it up.

9. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Yeah, Nano used her .410 to put down a feral dog, countless armadillos, skunks, rabbits and other critters that got into her garden. I remember one letter I got from her when she stated that my cousins had stopped by to hunt deer. They headed out to the deer stands on the corners of the property. After a couple hours, she dropped a buck, with the Mauser, that was in her garden getting into her corn. Cousins were skunked that day.

10. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

unfortunately, my dear granny, couldn't hit the broad side of a barn!:eek:

my granny was an amazing woman and very self sufficient up until she got alzhiemers, and could do many things quite well. but marksmanship was not one of those traits she was blessed with!

11. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

So your grandpa was an idiot too? :confused:

12. hawkguy

hawkguy Well-Known Member

did your grandpas 1911 look similar to this by any chance?

Attached Files:

13. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Well, it is no wonder Grandma didn't like guns since Grandpa would make as to shoot the boy!

My father-in-law once nearly shot his wife in the head with a .22. He was fixing to clean it and it went off. :eek: She wasn't anti-gun at all, but she couldn't shoot for beans. She shot at my brother-out-law twice with a 12 gauge and missed both times. :confused: How does one do that? Twice? :confused:

I really wish he had placed the shot a little better though. Well, maybe not because she shot at the BOL after the time the old man missed her with the .22. Too bad they both had bad aim I guess. That old bat was crazy as a June bug. They have both passed on now.

14. hawkguy

hawkguy Well-Known Member

she was probably more into the study of genealogy....yknow trying to figure out WTH happened? ;)

Last edited: Aug 10, 2014