Granny shoots an armed robber

Discussion in 'Firearms in the Media' started by JWagner, Jan 7, 2014.

1. JWagner

JWagner New Member

2. Ez2b

Ez2b New Member

Thanks for sharing good read good for her

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Firearms Talk mobile app

3. seancslaughter

seancslaughter New Member

and when she says she doesnt want to be identified they give a full description of her, post the block and street she lives on and then posts a picture of her house. Yeah great article. Good for her, but the damn reporter should now be shot.

4. Ez2b

Ez2b New Member

Yes people just don't have common sense no more

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Firearms Talk mobile app

5. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

But he was just turning his life around. He was stealing the money to pay for college.:rolleyes:

6. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

Yeah. This isn't too cool. Look how much we all know about her now that she doesn't need exposed.

Another thanks to our media.

On edit:
    Well, the cat is out of the bag. Here are more details and worth reading. The lady feels terrible but should be respected for what she did.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/arti...wner-speaks-out-about-shooting-armed-intruder

Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
  7. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

I bet he was robbing that old lady to help pay for his Grandmothers medications. If there was any money left he was going to use it for tuition and books. His grandmother needed a lot of energy drinks and Robitussin.

8. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

^^^^^ Yeah...right!

9. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Great story. And now that woman has to live with the heartbreak of having killed someone to defend herself and her family because the 16 year old chose the wrong path to follow. I admire her and yet feel so bad for her.

10. Pasquanel

Pasquanel Proud to be an American Supporter

Winds, sometimes I wish I could conger up that kind of emotion but he threatened her and hers at gunpoint! Good riddance is the best I can do.
    Bad actions have bad consequences as they should.

11. Pasquanel

Pasquanel Proud to be an American Supporter

I know my last post sounds heartless but the lady feared for her very life and a persons home is their "castle" and she had the right/responsibility to defend it.

12. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

I believe we all have sensitivities to outcomes like this but remember we are all humans and we all make mistakes. It is just the level and severity of those mistakes that differentiates the results.

13. Winchester94

Winchester94 New Member

I remember watching the news a few years ago and seeing a story about a little old lady who shot six shots from her .32 revolver. All six missed but the robber ran away. When interviewed, she said "He was bought and paid when he came through the door! That'll teach that little s*** to break in my house! "

14. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

This is where I disagree with some - warning shots. They say "Don't shoot warning shots". These may not have been intended to be warning shots but since they all missed, that's essentially what they were. Warning shots can accomplish a couple things: They can scare off an offender and they can avoid injury. I know some may not want to avoid injury to a perp but it has legal merits too.

15. Winchester94

Winchester94 New Member

I think she meant to shoot him. I believe her inaccuracy was due to adrenaline, age, and the double action pull.

16. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Your bleeding heart is your choice. When faced with danger fire on the aggressor until there is no more aggression. Wolves attack lambs for two reasons. Lambs taste good, and they don't fight back. "Perps" attack the elderly because they may have wealth, they are not likely to push back. :(

Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
  17. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

Re-read my post - I fully agree. They were misses and not intended to be warning shots. But my point is they missed and served as warning shots and did cause the perp to run away. They proved effective.

But I don't understand why in certain conditions warning shots are frowned upon. If they save your life or someone elses without taking a life (and having to live with that) why not? I have viewed the 11BravoTranining video and he specifically says "No warning shots". I have read it other places too. Why not?

I love her closing comment!

18. DeltaF

DeltaF New Member

Props to the granny! Hope she can sort through it all emotionally. If my granny had to do that to a 16 year old she'd be upset.