Grandson

Discussion in 'Range Report' started by masterPsmith, Mar 4, 2010.

1. masterPsmith

masterPsmith New Member

Finally got my grandson out to shoot his new rifle. Got some good weather and he was chompin at the bit to go. It got us all out to do some plinking. Between me, grandma, all three of my sons and my grandson, we probably put 1000 rounds downrange. Little KJ accounted for probably half of those. He had a really great time and loves his little short 10-22. Here are a few photos. He had very few misses on the steel targets or the cans...
    The photos show him shooting with his grandma and his dad and one with his little sister looking on. The cute little girl in the photo is KJs 3 year old sister, Kady.....................

Jim.....................

Attached Files:

• kj1.jpg
      kj1.jpg
      File size:
      68.9 KB
      Views:
    • kj2.jpg
      kj2.jpg
      File size:
      64.2 KB
      Views:
    • kj3.jpg
      kj3.jpg
      File size:
      63.6 KB
      Views:
    • kady.jpg
      kady.jpg
      File size:
      45.7 KB
      Views:
  2. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

That's a good looking group and it's appears your starting those kids out right, good for you.

My nine year old granddaughter just completed one of the hunter safety classes I teach and she will be hunting whitetails and small game with me this fall. On her first time out with the 22 she ran me out of bullets (500 rounds) and was disappointed that I didn't have more. I was always well-stocked after that.

3. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

Great report and nice group ya got there.
    Nice to see people starting kids out right. Respect to you and yours MasterPsmith!
    Thanks for sharing.

4. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Very cool

Thanks for the post.

5. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

That is most excellent. Cute kids too. :)

6. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Teaching these skills now will make for good American decisions aboout the 2A in the future.

KUDO's to you!!

7. Highpower

Highpower New Member

You just don't get days any better than that. :)

8. orangello

orangello New Member

That's cool! I'll never forget my lil .22. I bet he will remember that day for a long time.

9. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

What better way to inculcate a sense of respect for the potential of a firearm? What more enjoyable way to spend a few hours with 3 generations of a family?
    What better way to be able to claim the title of "Bad-Ass From The Womb"?
    Great pics. Does my heart good.

10. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

That is wonderful, it is great to see the young ones enjoying range time.

11. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

Great Report MasterP,It gives everybody that likes firearms and the outdoors in general good feelings to know that folks like yourself still take the time to show the young'uns what life is all about. Having fun!!! THB

12. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Quoted for Truth. Love to see the little ones getting some quality trigger time. Great for the sport and great for the kids.

JD

13. J T Patriot

J T Patriot New Member

It doesnt get much better than that. The pic of the little one wearing the shades and ear muffs is priceless.

14. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Great fun and priceless memories all at the same time. I salute you in sharing your years of knowledge to be their muse masterP, they will indeed remember these times. :)

Jack

15. RugerShootinGal

RugerShootinGal New Member

I think those pictures are wonderful!! I am so glad to see families teaching and spending time with their kids doing something they love. It is awesome that we involve our children in the safety and shooting the weapons. those are beautiful children!!! W e have a blast taking our kids and they love it!!:D:D