grandpaw thrown in jail for warning shot in ground.

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by downsouth, Feb 22, 2012.

1. downsouth

downsouth New Member

A 61 year old man was arrested for firing a warning shot in the ground. He held the criminal until police arrived. Not only did they arrest both men, they confiscated the good guys guns in the house. WHAT THE HELL? There are places in this country that I would not even want to buy a slurpee and take a crap on the way to "free America".

http://thestir.cafemom.com/in_the_news/133341/grandfather_gets_arrested_for_holding

2. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

The stupid, it burns police, too!

3. vincent

vincent New Member

In NH??? There's something more to this than meets the eye...it doesn't happen that way...not legally...not in NH...:confused:

4. downsouth

downsouth New Member

It was the police that tried to make the argument that he endangered the public by firing the shot in the ground. Shepard Smith made the comment that the only thing he endangered was a mole.

It did not seem to burn the police that was interviewed by fox news.

Face it, there are cops among us that don't want the good citizens armed.

There are teachers who know whats better for our kids, in their opinion.

There are cafeteria workers who will not let your kids eat the lunch you packed for them.

To me what happened in the op was akin to someone in an eastern block country would suffer.

Laws that allow what happened are proof positive of my rant, IMHO

5. BikerRN

BikerRN New Member

Next time shoot the badguy if you can articulate a reasonable reason that is legal.
    If not, don't fire.

6. downsouth

downsouth New Member

Yea there is some more.
    WE ARE NOT FREE. THE POWERS THAT BE WANT US TO LIVE IN FEAR! THE BASTARDS WANT ONE THING, POWER. IF YOU CAN PROTECT YOURSELF FROM SCUM, IT USURPS THEIR POWER. THE POLICE THAT ARRESTED THAT 61 YEAR OLD MAN
    ARE 10X THE CRIMINAL THAN THE BURGULAR. SORRY, BUT I TRULEY DON'T BELIEVE THAT IT "BURNS A WHOLE BUNCH OF COPS". YOUR STATEMENT JUST DON'T HOLD WATER.

I STAND READY TO BE JETISONED FOR THE ABOVE STATEMENT.
    BAN AWAY!!!!!!

7. vincent

vincent New Member

It's all good buddy, we love ya!!! Somebody effed up for sure, just have to wait and see how it turns out I suppsose, still a cryin' shame though...:mad:

8. downsouth

downsouth New Member

I know my b/p is up. It just hurts to see headline after headline, day after day at what is happening to the citizens of what used to be a great nation, built and founded on individual freedoms and responsibilities.

The content of the post is like seeing a person having a heart attack and you are arrested for giving cpr.

9. unclebear

unclebear New Member

damned yankee police (no offense), I don't understand why I think that most of them have napoleon syndrum have to wave there power around make them feel better for locking up a old man...

10. vincent

vincent New Member

Yeah, you know damn well who just gave you a "thumbs up"!!!!:D

11. downsouth

downsouth New Member

Thanks vincent, it's all just sad.
    Now I'm going to the New Hamshire site and ask them about their state motto.

12. Ranger-6

Ranger-6 New Member

An arrest is one thing, I choose to wait for a follow-up from the County Attorney.

13. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

Robo, could you please clarify this? Forgive my ignorance, but I haven't a clue what you mean.:(

14. downsouth

downsouth New Member

So you would be ok if you were treated like the 61 year old man? It is more than an arrest. His personal property was taken by gun grabers. His house was gone thru, searched and probably tossed. Was there any of his 14 grandchildren or wife there? Where they ordered or thrown on the floor with automatic weapons pointed at them by men in black uniforms and full body armor. Was there dog shot if they had one?

Well aparently, they got the right address this time.

15. Durangokid

Durangokid New Member

The charges will be dropped. This is just some dumb cop.:(:rolleyes:

16. downsouth

downsouth New Member

No Durangokid, if it is as stated by the policeman I saw on fox news, it is an atrocity. What you bet Grandpaw catches an old outstanding warrent by morning.

17. tellmaster207

tellmaster207 New Member

I agree just another Jack Boot. Will he get fired? I say most likely not.
    The JB will get a better job across the border in Massachusetts. Then the sheep can feel his rage.

18. vincent

vincent New Member

I think he means this....it's a classic FTF attachment courtesy of CA357...and Mr. Cane...:)

Attached Files:

19. vincent

vincent New Member

They'll tell ya Patrick Henry...:cool:

20. downsouth

downsouth New Member

I was proud to see that they already had a thread going and were fired up about the whole thing. Reading further it seems like grandpaw is getting lots of support from across the country.

Robo, Sorry for being so reactionary earlier. You are a good ambassador for LEOs and I am sure this type of stupidity wears on you and most freedom loving leos.