GP-100 Wiley Clapp Talo

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by aandabooks, Oct 25, 2013.

1. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

My main dealer is stuck on one of these in the stainless model wood insert grips. Has the 3" barrel and is a beautiful gun. I don't need this gun but I might be able to get it cheap since he's had it for a couple months.

He has a price of $770 on it. That is $90 below Davidson's price but what would be the great, I stole it price? I'd have to do a no trade cash deal on it. I just bought a Colt Gold Cup Trophy from this dealer so I should have some goodwill coming.

2. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

Illinois has a sales tax, right? A common test of goodwill is to ask your dealer to make his price out the door. Another cost saving move would be to lay cash on the counter, say $730, take or leave. Dealers like regulars, and if he feels you are a serious customer, he will work with you.

3. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

I buy/trade about a dozen guns per year with this particular dealer. We always talk OTD pricing. So you're saying $730 OTD would be a stole it price?

4. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

Yes. I would consider it a deal. Just checked it against Gunbroker, it does not get any lower, with shipping and transfer. Frankly, if I were selling, I would not go lower. The Ruger is limited run and will sell for sure.

5. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

$730 works out to about $675+tax. Maybe if it survives the gun show this weekend I'll think about making an offer on it Monday.

6. Gonzilla

Gonzilla New Member

They sell them on GunAmerica n Gun broker. Kind of expensive for a Ruger - although I do kinds like it for a nightstand gun. When your in the $800 up - SWmis viable,option.

7. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

The Wiley Clapp is a great gun.
    I'd buy it in a heartbeat for that price