got to the range

Discussion in 'Range Report' started by endobro, Apr 12, 2014.

1. endobro

endobro New Member

Took my Beretta px4 compact 9mm to the range yesterday. Wow I am in love. Shoots so smooth. Less recoil then my M&P and I can shoot the Beretta more accurately. Next time I go I will be shooting for accuracy only but I can put 20 rounds in the skinny part of the "Q" at 21' with no problems.

I also got to shoot my dads AK and that was sweet. Wish we had taken more rounds

10 rounds at 25' and 10 rounds at 50'
    20140411_170305.jpg

Last I shot my dads ruger MK 2 long barrel. It was a ton of fun. No recoil and very accurate. I probably shot less then the size of a softball at 25' also shot the cloths pin off of the target with one shot lol.

2. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

WOW!
    You must be a world class pistol shooter 25' and 50'? Was this offhand or supported (Benched)
    The Beretta PX4 is a nice pistol no doubt!

3. JonM

JonM Moderator

Very nice groupings at those distances

4. Shoobee

Shoobee New Member

5 and 7 yds. are good close quarters distances to practice at, with a pistol. In the real world, those are where you are most likely to need to defend yourself, with someone else right in your face.

The other progressively increasing distances being 10, 15 and 25 yards.

For the Calif CCW test in my county, you need to hit the 8 ring 80% or more of the time with 40 rounds at varying distances between 5 and 15 yards, timed, with both hands single handedly as well.

Right handed is easy for me. Left handed is not so good. I rarely practice left handed, and especially not one-handed. But that's in the test.

I'll go to the range tomorrow morning to practice what I learned in the class I had to take for the LTC. And I'll keep practicing until the Sheriff's Dept calls me in for the test.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
  5. Pasquanel

Pasquanel Proud to be an American Supporter

Nice shooting the PX-4 is a fine handgun!

6. Boyerracing343

Boyerracing343 New Member Supporter

Very nice shooting at those distances. Thanks for sharing.