Got to shoot a 50 cal Barrett. Please forgive my friend swearing

Discussion in 'Range Report' started by safedman, Sep 6, 2010.

1. safedman

safedman New Member

I apologize for the loud cuss word... If I knew how to edit the sound I would.
    This is the peak of my shooting career. The brake on this rifle tamed the recoil to be less than my 270. MAN!....I am still smiling. I should have taken a picture of the target, I drilled the bullseye at 100 yards with the first round and grouped the rest within 1 inch. I was pulling the others due to being a little giddy!!!
    EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE ONE!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CM3THj5QLLM]YouTube - 50 Caliber Barrett first time shooting one. 100_5820.mov[/ame]

2. AusLach

AusLach New Member

Sooooo envious! Awesome man

3. Redarrow18

Redarrow18 New Member

is that yours or your friends? either way that is effin sweet

is that M99 or M82? its the single shot one right?

4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Dang! That's sweet. :D

5. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Before the ".50 Ban" in CA I debated buying a .50. Decided it had limited value so passed. Dang!

Good thing my buddy went out and bought a Barret and registered it. So we all get to shoot it. Lots of fun blowing up 1 gallon water jugs at 800-1000 with surplus ball.

My spot in the dez allows for basically unlimited range, and the Barret does a great job of "owning" anything within sight. It is a hoot and a half.

6. doctherock

doctherock New Member

I do love me a good fifty cal.

7. zhuk

zhuk New Member

Also envy +100

Think the largest calibre we can legally have here is .416. HOWEVER, finding somewhere you could legally shoot it...that's another thing :rolleyes:

Hey Aus - a Kiwi guy who lives here rang me the other night, excercising some well-deserved bragging rights over shooting a .50cal on a recent trip back home. And an AR. And an AK. And he doesn't even have a licence! Bastard lol

8. safedman

safedman New Member

Sweet!

Sorry I posted no explosive target reactions, we were shooting bullseyes at 100 yards at the local range. Next trip out it will be frozen 1 gal water jugs from 300 to 800 yards. I WILL POST THOSE!!
    The rifle belongs to a good friend of mine. Ahhh to be single and no children again....

Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  9. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

For the uninitiated that muzzle break will beat spectators to pieces if standing to the side of the shooter. :eek:

Cool shoot!!! :cool:

10. safedman

safedman New Member

Muzzele break!

Agreed, the brake gives the shooter a good puff of hot air also. Not enough to bother but lets you know the dragon just spoke. ;)

11. IXLR8

IXLR8 New Member

Jealous factor x 1000

Very sweet.

I was expecting you to end up feet up, on your back...

Thanks for sharing!

12. PTsouthpaw

PTsouthpaw New Member

*wiping drool from chin*

Nice shooting!

13. bmb1127

bmb1127 New Member

what a beast of a rifle

14. bmb1127

bmb1127 New Member

i didn't realize the muzzle breaks brought the kick back that much