Got to play with the new toy

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by ronl, Jan 20, 2011.

1. ronl

ronl New Member

In doing some trading, I picked up a beautiful older Remington 700 BDL in .222 Rem. with an excellent condition Weaver K-10-1 on it. Bought the dies and loaded about 40 rounds for it, but it sat around the house for about a month. I free-floated the barrel and bedded the action just for something to do. The old girl shot around .75 MOA from the get go. Can't wait to do a little load testing to see what it can really do. Also took out the SPS .308 to re-zero the scope as I added a little elevation to it. After the zero, it put three rounds into a .258 hole @ 100. Best group ever out of it, even if it was only three. It took a while as usual, as I haven't been shooting much lately due to the weather, and I had to get my head out of my butt and settle down. Overall, good day shooting. I think I'll keep that .222 around for a while.

2. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Always fun to shoot a new stick. How about some pics.

3. amoroque

amoroque New Member

Wow, sounds like it sure is accurate.

I agree, we need some pics!

4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Good shooting. But...

[​IMG]

5. ronl

ronl New Member

Pictures 134 Quick e-mail view.jpg Here's a pic of the 700 SPS. The Super Sniper has since been replaced with a Vortex Viper 6-24x44 SF scope. It is in a B&C Medalist A3 green web stock. She shoots very well, but I think my handloads have a little to do with it. The load I was shooting today was a new one. I think I'm keeping it. Don't have any pics of the .222 yet. My better half has the camera, and she's away at school(at 52). I'll try to get pics this weekend.

6. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter