Got The 720

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by diggsbakes, Dec 20, 2009.

1. diggsbakes

diggsbakes New Member

Well, I went my own judgment, traded in a POS Derringer threw down $100 and here it is:

Sorry for the sideways pic. Took in a hurry.

Attached Files:

2. UnderFire

UnderFire New Member

Excellent!!
    Early Christmas gift...sweet!!!
    Savage Arms...right?

3. diggsbakes

diggsbakes New Member

Yeah, now if I can figure it out I'll be alright. First recoil op SG so I've been doing some reading, might break it down this weekend.
    No work 'till Monday!!!

4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

That is a sweet shotgun and the wood is beautiful. Just put a good recoil pad on it, recoil operated shotguns can kick pretty good.

Of course, a range range report is expected. :D

5. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Very cool. The 720 is a licensed copy of the Browning A5, but is essentially an exact copy of a Rem Mod11. I have a spare 720 bbl for my M11.

I would re-spring it. You can also get the schematic online showing how to position the friction ring for high based or low based shooting. It does matter.

You should get several lifetimes of use out of her. They are very easy to detail strip and clean, too. It will probably have a ton of unburned powder and such in the action. Have fun cleaning and learning the gun.

6. diggsbakes

diggsbakes New Member

Thanks CA and good call on the recoil pad. I'll probably take it out next weekend and see if I can break any targets. I'll let you know how it turns out.