Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
23,968 Posts
I studied a little Kendo on two seperate occassions and always fancied myself as being able to handle a sword correctly.

I would probably get my *** cut in two by your basic 6 KYU though... LOL

I have my eye on getting a full sized katana blade from these guys before my weapons collection could ever be considered "complete".

It's WAY down the list, but it is on there...LOL

·
Banned
23,968 Posts
I love me some weapons and martial combat - what can I say?

However, I used to get my *** kicked in Kendo, and my feet used to get blisters the size of quarters, so I stopped because I was a wuss who had a day job... LOL

I found out training MMA I don't like getting punched in the face either. A lot guys seem to enjoy it - but not me. I prefer submissions, which is why I only roll now, I don't do stand up anymore. That's a young mans game...

On a side note Benning, have you seen "The Hunted" with Christopher Lambert? Great sword scene on the bullet train. Really well done.

JD

·
Banned
1,657 Posts
I have my eye on getting a full sized katana blade from these guys before my weapons collection could ever be considered "complete".

It's WAY down the list, but it is on there...LOL
That's a group I hadn't come across in my search for the katana/wakizashi/tanto set that I want to purchase. I did find this company and they seem to somewhat follow the forging techniques of olden times (Bugei Trading Co | Forging Process). Expensive, yes, but I am more than willing to pay for quality over quantity any day.

·
Banned
23,968 Posts
That's a group I hadn't come across in my search for the katana/wakizashi/tanto set that I want to purchase. I did find this company and they seem to somewhat follow the forging techniques of olden times (Bugei Trading Co | Forging Process). Expensive, yes, but I am more than willing to pay for quality over quantity any day.
Bugei Trading is a good company and they make a good sword.

The thing I like about Dynasty Forge is that they use the traditional black sand and form a real Tamahagane blade, several of which don't make the final "cut" and are rejected outright. As this is an expensive process, I find that really impressive in this day and age.

Nothing wrong with Bugei Trading though, they make some quality stuff that will definitely take a limb off a Space Zombie. :D

JD

JD

·
Banned
13,934 Posts
LOL Scorpion "Get over here!":mad:
Hey he was a freekin badazz anyone who can shoot man eating barbed snakes out of his hands is someone I ain't gonna mess with no way no how.

·
Registered
9,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey he was a freekin badazz anyone who can shoot man eating barbed snakes out of his hands is someone I ain't gonna mess with no way no how.
Green belt stuff in my school.:D

Bugei and Mantis were the first companies I came across in my searches, I like that you can customize the lengths, and Swedish powder steel sounds cool.

Cold Steel Katanas have a rep for handling like a crowbar, but cutting like a lightsaber.

I will attest to their machetes.:(

·
Banned
1,657 Posts
Bugei Trading is a good company and they make a good sword.

The thing I like about Dynasty Forge is that they use the traditional black sand and form a real Tamahagane blade, several of which don't make the final "cut" and are rejected outright. As this is an expensive process, I find that really impressive in this day and age.

Nothing wrong with Bugei Trading though, they make some quality stuff that will definitely take a limb off a Space Zombie. :D

JD

JD
I like the idea of traditional sword making so now I've got at least 2 different places to compare and look at what I really want in my set.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Speaking of Cold Steel, I just order their training DVD "Fighting with the Saber & Cutlass". I love european style swords. I also plan on buying their 1917 Cutless when I have the saved money on the side.

·
Registered
21,822 Posts
Anyone know anything about WWII German officer swords?

1_1swd.JPG

1_1swd2.JPG

1_1cutlas.JPG

1_1ssswd.JPG

1_1SS.JPG

Attachments

·
Banned
13,934 Posts
Ok not a sword but close. I just got one of these for $15 on ebay.

Kukri Machetes : Fixed Blade (Cold Steel Knives)

I tried to save some money and get one from walmart that thing was so dull it wouldn't cut live bamboo. So I invested in a proper one from a good company. STUPID I will buy the good one first next time.

·
Registered
9,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Cane, any markings besides the SS on the pommel?

Tango, you will need to sharpen the Kukri, but it will hold the edge for some time.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts