Got some .22 ammo finally!

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by JustinM, Aug 7, 2013.

1. JustinM

JustinM New Member

Traded a 50 round box of 9mm NATO rounds for a 550 box of .22lr. Score I would say.

2. JW357

JW357 New Member

Good for you if you can't find .22.

3. hawkguy

hawkguy Well-Known Member

fairly even trade once upon a time....

these days....you SCORED! 22 is a b***h to find around here.

but i did score another 325 box today...my 3rd bulk 22 box this summer....and that is with A LOT of effort to find it....:mad:

4. FrontierTCB

FrontierTCB Active Member

I remember around Thanksgiving the local far supply store had the Win. 333 ct. boxes for $9.99. I bought ONE. If I had only known!

5. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36 Active Member

I went to 3 diff pawn shops / gun stores before I found a 325 fed auto match for 60 bucks

I coulda got a rem golden 525 for 75 but I didnt have 75 in the budget. I miss the 100 rd CCI mini mag for 7 bucks days

6. hawkguy

ouch! gotta do what you gotta do, i reckon! i paid $18 for 325 automatch today. limit 1 box though....and they has plenty...i was tempted to go pick up some bums and get them to buy 22 for me in exchange for happy meals..:p

found a good store that refuses to price gouge....its a nice thing.

keep on keeping on....i feel you...it has been TOUGH to get 22....

7. sbeezy

sbeezy New Member

That's insane. I haven't seen much .22 lately but when I do it's almost at the pre panic prices. I cant conceive of paying 60 bucks for that small of an amount.

I wouldn't feel right about shopping at a place that felt it was okay to gouge customers that much. Then again I'm lucky enough to have a place that hasn't raised their prices hardly at all this whole time.

8. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36 Active Member

EVERY gun / pawn shop is gouging where I live. And walmart? Youre lucky if you can find a 50rd box of thunderbolts

9. sbeezy

sbeezy New Member

That's a bummer. I've noticed a lot of people on here have had the same problem. I've been lucky enough that if I'm patient I can find what I need at normal prices. But it takes a lot of patience.

I feel for you and everyone else who have to deal with scumbags. The fundamental problem I have with Gun stores gouging is that as shooters and gun owners I feel like we're supposed to stick together. Especially with how things are now. And these stores turn around and bend people over a log. I understand they have a business to run, but come on...

And I've never had respect for pawn shops so not surprised. Lol.

10. hawkguy

they did it for awhile around here. then i think they noticed people were willing to wait it out....i overpaid for ammo ONCE in this crisis....i ain't doing it again.

since....i have collected hundreds of rounds at decent prices...but it took a LONG time....no shooting, just picking up bits of ammo here & there...

just stop overpaying now....convince everyone else you know to stop...its the only way the prices get better. accept your guns may have to sit awhile.

11. JustinM

JustinM New Member

Every douche I run into on armslist or private sales trying to get double the actual value of ammo I make sure I let them know how big of a piece of un-American **** they are

12. hawkguy

i understand your frustration....but its the way it is.

its pretty much the stock market....supply and demand. you can blame price gougers, but really we should be kicking our own azzes for ever even thinking about paying these crazy prices.

if you buy it....really no one to blame but yourself.

for example, do you get mad at people for getting killer deal on foreclosures or cheap real estate and flipping them for profit? i don't see a difference myself.

when people panic, they are almost always taken advantage of...

13. glockfanboy

glockfanboy New Member

I used to get .22 ammo for about $0.011 a round, now the cheapest I can find is $0.04! (That's the cheapest!) I buy it in bulk though so it was cheaper than your local Walmart... But I've been seeing .22 ammo for over $0.50 a round! .223 ammo is the same price as .22 right now! These prices are just crazy...

14. CrazedJava

CrazedJava New Member

Unfortunately, the only way to deal with price gougers is to not play.

I've paid more for ammo. Maybe a dollar or two then I would pre-panic days. It seems reasonable considering the demand. More than that? I'm out.

I've had to dip into my meager stockpile a few times but glad I decided to keep a couple thousand rounds of the stuff on hand. I'm back up over two thousand rounds just by picking up a box here and there when I can.

I did laugh at the first post though. Trading a box of 9mm, which hardly anyone can find, for a box of .22, which hardly anyone can find. How did that trade go exactly?

"I'll trade you my unicorn for your griffin?"

15. hawkguy

right on! if YOU overpay, you can only blame YOURSELF. if there was no one overpaying, you wouldn't see the gouging!

HAAA! thanks for the big laugh! :D

i found a "out in the open" secret place that always seems to have 22 and 9 (and at a decent price)....sometimes i feel like i stepped into the twlight zone when i see it just sitting there....i'm always halfway expecting the devil to show up with a "sell your soul" contract....:eek:....but i just buy it, and walk out....:)

16. godale

godale Member

as i have said in other posts i an down to my last 800 rounds. we used 22 only 3 times this year.we have spent our summer shooting 243. 270 and 30-06 and 17hmr. thsese rounds are replaceable if we use them all

17. sunsoutgunsout

sunsoutgunsout New Member

Why is the .22 ammo so hard to find? Thats almost all I see here in alberta

18. jrfusatf

jrfusatf New Member

Been lucky in NJ buying 500 to 1000 rounds a week at local Dick's store. $40 for 500 CCI standard, 3 weeks ago bought bulk 2000 rounds of M-22 for $120. Have a good inventory able to shoot 2-3 times a week. After getting ripped off on line paying .28 round refuse to buy any ammo online, hang in there it has to get better soon.

19. hawkguy

when you discover the reason, please enlighten us here in the states....i have NO IDEA why people have made such a crazy run on 22lr???? pretty used to this with 223 and 9, but 22 was a new one to me!

but its been GONE for about 4-5 months around me. just starting to show up here & there in the last month.

the main CAUSE is "shelf clearing buying" for hoarding or price gouging. WHY people are doing this is a mystery to me.... like everyone else i've talked to, i just want to shoot cheap 22! :mad:

20. sunsoutgunsout

sunsoutgunsout New Member

Huh, you would think that .22lr would be the very last thing to have a shortage of!