Got pig?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by mrm14, Dec 11, 2009.

1. mrm14

mrm14 Active Member

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiHmYsyVniE]YouTube - Nueces Helicopter Pig Hunt (no music)[/ame]

2. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

HOT DAM where the hell do I sign up for that. That looks like some kick ass fun right there. I tell you what if they went back and picked them all up boy that would be the bbq to end all bbq's.

Looks to be shooting a shotgun with some kick ass buck shot. Hell I would do that just for the fun and I love riding in choppers and shooting things.

3. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

All that meat, I am getting hungry! :D

4. mrm14

mrm14 Active Member

CP, the trailer of the video said they use a AR and a AK. I thought a shotgun might have been used as well, until I read the end trailer.

5. photopro

photopro New Member

Pork !!

I hope they stopped to collect them, but what a great job being paid to shoot wild pigs. Then there's always the chance of grateful farmer, beautiful daughter, stay over night - sorry I'm getting a bit carried away there !! ;)

photopro

6. mrm14

mrm14 Active Member

Weather they stopped to pick up the meat or not these pigs are very distructfive to crops to the tune of many of thousanads of USD a year for the farmers. If nothing else these carcuses will fertilize the land.

7. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

The feral hogs that don't get shot will eat the dead ones in many cases.

They're eating up the state of Texas and many other states, so all those PETA people out there should eat a big plate of pork.

8. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

Sanctioned or legally justified, winging or gut-shooting an animal without finishing it off just ain't right. I HOPE that's the part they edited out, but considering the cost of a helo hunt, I have to assume that every shot that drew blood counted as a kill in the crews log.
    All I get from the video is that someone is running a "Wound A Feral Hog" program using taxpayers' money.

9. mrm14

mrm14 Active Member

Amen to that brother.

10. mrm14

mrm14 Active Member

Program is paid for in full by farmers.

11. Major Kusanagi

Major Kusanagi New Member

That was some pretty impressive shooting right there. Any chance we could get a hold of some more people like that around here? :D

12. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

I just want to know when it's happening so that I can follow them around and clean up! I'm thinking a dump truck with an 8-pig cooker in tow.

13. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

Do the farmers finish the pigs off?

14. Major Kusanagi

Major Kusanagi New Member

You do realize you could make a killing off that by making a traveling BBQ catering service. ;)

15. mrm14

mrm14 Active Member

Well I dont really know if the farmers finish the pigs off or not. It's just a video I found on u tube. Seeing how this is a paid for extermination project and not a hunt, I more than kinda of doubt that the farmers finish them off. However, I bet these farmers dont have to buy bacon or sasuage......ever!

16. mrm14

mrm14 Active Member

Somehow I have a feeling that these guys with the helicopter do go back with a large truck or trucks and recover as much meat as they can or even more than likely negotiate a deal with a local outfit that can process the meat and put a few more $$$ in their pocket.