got new mags, but need paint

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by shnorse, Dec 29, 2009.

1. shnorse

shnorse New Member

I bought two new bushmaster factory replacement mags for my AR, but once delivered i noticed they were not what was promised... One is a decent grey, but the other is a lighter grey with a bunch of scratches and looks like it missed a coat of paint... great quality paint jobs... The springs, followers, and fitment into my ar are perfect though...

What would be the best way to paint these black and keep them from scratching every time i put them into the gun...

2. Highpower

Highpower New Member

Last edited: Dec 29, 2009

3. Westy

Westy New Member

Found this a long time ago.... I bought a can of the lube but never had a chance to try it. PM me if you want me to email you a better copy of the info.

Attached Files:

4. slowryde45

slowryde45 New Member

seriously, at $9 a piece and up, just buy some 'new' ones. unless you want to mess with cleaning all the grease off of them, buying the right kind of paint, painting them, drying them correctly, and reassembling them. note, they will get scratched/scuffed up with use.

44Mag.com AR magazines

Slo

5. Westy

Westy New Member

Hard to beat those prices! I might have to order a few myself.....

6. jeepcreep927

jeepcreep927 New Member

Second that, a lot.

7. NickySantoro

NickySantoro New Member

OP,
    The reality is that they are all going to scratch up going in and out of the mag well. Painting will just make it worse and more noticeable.
    As Highpower noted, it is what it is.

8. shnorse

shnorse New Member

alright, i left the top of the mag that goes into the lower grey, and painted only what is seen... this way it will resist scratching and no paint can get into the reciever... looks good though..

THANKS

9. hillbilly68

hillbilly68 New Member

ummm they are AR mags. If they arent scratched, rubbed and well worn...you arent shooting enough. Dont let the finish drive you crazy ;)