Got my utilitac 2

Discussion in 'Other Weapons' started by JMAtactical, Jul 15, 2013.

1. JMAtactical

JMAtactical New Member

Wow this knife is an incredible value!! It's a solid knife and exactly feels the way I like a knife to feel. I can say enough good things about it.

image-272216289.jpg

2. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

Good looking knife. Whats it cost?

3. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

New purchase

Sweet JMA!!

Yesterday was my 53rd B-Day,..so since I can't spend 2k right now on Guns,..I'll be buying a new Knife or two tomorrow @ big 5.:D sadly 90% of the blades there are 440 stainless, which is my absolute last choice for a blade.
    I'm thinking Kershaw, buck, or case....your thoughts

4. txpossum

txpossum New Member

Which 440 stainless? 440A pretty much sucks as a knife steel. 440B is acceptable -- Randall used to use it in their stainless blades, but not that great. 440C was the "wonder steel" of the early 70's, and still one of my favorites.

If a knife simply says "440 stainless" it's probably 440A, and not that high of quality.

The Utiltac is made from AUS 8, which, while not a super steel, has pretty good performance for a blade steel.

5. DrFootball

I bought the Kershaw Burst(on Sale-reg. $44.95, sale price $21.99!) it says the Steel is 8CR1.....It does have an assist open, and you can reverse the beltclip....

6. Gvillegator

Gvillegator New Member

I've had the same Old Timer for 20 plus years it still keeps a sharp blade and always works in a pinch. Not as fancy as you all are talking about but a damn good pocket knife.

7. DrFootball

Gotta Love SIMPLE!! I feel the Same way about My Older WINCHESTER Branded Buck Pocket knife, and my Leatherman Tool..which I now have 3 Of: one in the Escape, One in the Range Box, and one on me at all times..

8. JMAtactical

JMAtactical New Member

Honestly you can pick one of the awesome folders up on eBay for 30$. I have never in my life had a 30$ knife that was this high quality. If this was a spyderco the price tag would have been at Least 100$

9. JMAtactical

JMAtactical New Member

I personally am not a fan of buck. However try do make some nice blades. I would go after kershaw. Before buck and I don't even like kershaw that much lol. Usually the lowest quality steel I will buy is 8cr13mov

10. DrFootball

I got the Kershaw Burst(mdl. 1970) with Speed Assist Open & Glass filled Nylon stippled grips for $21.99 + tx...Half off list!...
    Tuesday the $$$ took a turn for the better so i'll be getting a few new Guns after all...His & her's FEG Hungarian Walther copies in .32ACP...($200 Ea.) a Beretta ARX-160 short carbine in .22LR for her, and the EAA CataMount Fury II Semi-Auto AK pattern 12Ga. with a case & extra Mags....(3-5 rds.,1-10 Rd. & one 25 Rd. Drum....)
    We were gonna got today, but The Wife had another Migraine....

11. JMAtactical

JMAtactical New Member

That's awesome sir I am super jealous!! I have been saving and paying off old bills so I don't have the kind of cash to buy new toys.

12. DrFootball

We didn't either. I didn't expect the advance on the estate for at least 6 more weeks,..MY cousin(the other estate beneficiary) got the estate to cut two checks early...one for each of us,..but he's got a son leaving for college in a few weeks so i doubt he'll do much "Gun" or "other toys" shopping....He did tell me about the new Car his wife wants...
    Just bought home 300 rds of asst. .9mm and another 200 CCI Mini-Mags from the Shop @ our Range...
    TV in the Range Shop had "The Green Berets" on,..which I have seen about 191 times(and own the digital version)
    some girls sitting on the bench in the store while two of their other friends were shooting with their BF's....
    Girl 1 "Isn't that that SULU from Star Trek??" Girl 2" yeah but it has to be long before he came outta the closet. he doesn't have any make up on...you can tell he's really Asian" Duh....Ok...