Got my SAVAGE!!!

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by hareebrownbeest, Oct 23, 2012.

1. hareebrownbeest

hareebrownbeest New Member

image-2663914597.jpg

Mark II FV-SR

image-1573266650.jpg

Fluted bull barrel and I attached a flash hider on her, just for looks

image-547986983.jpg

4x40 mil dot scope

image-547986983.jpg

Loving this scope mount

image-3557663031.jpg

Accu trigger, over sized bolt handle

image-459854853.jpg

image-1412382989.jpg

Bad *** little mag ha ha. Now I just need to go shoot it! I picked it up today and had the gun shop put the flash hider on it just to give it that finished off look. I'm impressed, stock does feel cheap but I expected that. Bolt is smooth as butter, gun is a little heavy but I'm a big boy, I'm not worried about sissy stuff like weight it will probably help keeping it dead on accurate.

Attached Files:

2. hareebrownbeest

I plan on doing a red on black tiger stripe camo job, I know kinda ridiculous but this is my "fun gun"!

3. racer_x

racer_x New Member

How do u like the trigger?

4. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

I added a cheek piece to mine. It is a 6"x6" piece of Kydex.

Attached Files:

5. hareebrownbeest

Oh it's light. Haven't actually fired it yet but couple of dry fires.

6. hareebrownbeest

My thread protector was kinda rusty and I wanted that flash hider on there, you gotta get one. I might add a check piece too. Yours looks good, how does it perform?

7. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

It works very well. I used 6x32 rivet nuts in the stock and 6x32x1/2" SS screws to hold it on I just drilled mine but it could be easily slotted for adjustment. I used a heat gun to bend it. I am still looking at the Boyd Evo Pepper just for looks. I noticed you are using a very high scope mount which would require a higher cheek piece than mine.

8. beastmode986

beastmode986 New Member

9. hareebrownbeest

How accurate does it look? Just kidding, I haven't tried it out yet.

10. Blueguns

Blueguns New Member

We need a range report man!!

11. hareebrownbeest

Dude I'm at work just Chopin at the bit!!! I want to shoot it NOW!

12. hareebrownbeest

I just noticed your David Alan Coe avatar, I'm only 39 but I've been listening to that long haired red neck for as long as I've been alive, love that guys music. "workin like a n****r". Ha ha

13. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36 Active Member

Very cool MKII tactical ..... that oughtta be a tack driver for sure !!!! Congrats!

14. hareebrownbeest

Thank you, thank you, I'm looking at it right now, it's sweet.

15. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

Those fv-sr's are great shooters . With that 4 power scope you will not be able to see it full potential for accuracy. Spread those rings out a bit too. Use all the lenght the base can give you. With the right ammo and enought scope can will shoot sub-MOA groups at 100 yards. I have a 6-24 scope on my savage. If you want a better stock check at Boyds - http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/Boyds-Tacticool-for-Savage-93-MKII-s/161.htm

Ammo- cci-standard, federal 711b, 922a, wolf/sk for some to try for more accurate shooting or hunting . Don't dry fire . You can let the tension off the firering pin by raiseing the bolt then pulling the trigger and letting the bolt back down and not hurt anything .

Clean the action, the bolt face lube the bolt and clean the chamber. leave the bore alone till accuracy just simply drops off. The barrel bore ?? not so much cleaning is needed. It will take a 200 to 500 hundred rounds fired to settled down to shoot its best. The hv or hyper velocity ammo is not as accuate over all as standard velocity ammo. Even at long range. And there is no best .22lr ammo. Enjoy your new rifle.

16. fisherkip

fisherkip New Member

What is your scope mount I've been looking for a one piece for my savage.

17. hareebrownbeest

image-2804414331.jpg

It's a one piece and it had quick releases which I love.

Attached Files:

18. hareebrownbeest

image-77041627.jpg

It's super clean looking and easy to adjust. I was looking at the game reaper and IMHO I think there f--kin ugly. I'm sure they work great for high caliber rifles but in a .22? Not needed. The gun store suggested this mount to me and it was priced right too. It's funny everyone in the store after they put all the accessories on my rifle couldn't believe it was a .22. There going to build a few of theses and display them. I think it's the best of the bolt action .22's out there although I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet:( I got an 18 month old boy and it's way to loud at the range to take him along with me and with the wife at work all day I only have the weekends to go. This Saturday though I might go. My friends want to go dirt bike riding also. Decisions, decisions!:)

19. priell3

priell3 New Member

Nice! You'll love it.

Mine used to look like yours, then I got the itch to paint it. UTG 4X32 on quick release rings. I also added a cheek pad.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]