Got my R1

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by rjgnwdc, Oct 25, 2011.

1. rjgnwdc

rjgnwdc New Member Supporter

I got this Remington R1 Enhanced .45acp 1911 for my B-Day from the little wifey Check it out...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Thats a nice looking 1911

3. kobel1up

kobel1up New Member

Great looking gun, I also like the grips. Let us know how it shoots.

4. Olympus

Olympus New Member

Nice looking gun. I especially like the front sight.

5. crazycharlie2

crazycharlie2 New Member

I especially like the fact that 'Wifey' got it for you;)
    Beats hell out of slippers, handkerchiefs, and underwear:D

6. canebrake

canebrake New Member

You're going to love the gun.

I've got the GI R1 and it's a great 1911.

7. wooleybooger

wooleybooger New Member

nice wifey,nice 1911 too! are those grips available aftermarket or are they Remington exclusives?

8. Boyerracing343

Boyerracing343 New Member Supporter

That is very pretty. I dig it.

9. rjgnwdc

rjgnwdc New Member Supporter

They are OEM

They came with the "Enhanced" model only they are some kind of a rubber.

10. ET1

ET1 New Member

I almost came home with a Remington R1 "enhanced" pistol last week. It was in the case of my LGS where I shoot & buy guns. The range was filled up so I was "browsing". They had the R1 in with the other 1911 guns. I had it in my hand & it felt really good. They were asking $699 for it. But before I could get "I'll take it" out of my mouth, the salesman said "Oh, wait a minute, we just got in a Springfield Range Officer this morning. Let me show it to you." He came back over with it & as soon as I pulled the trigger I knew I wanted it. The MSRP was $934 on the thing, but he looked at the back of the tag and said I'll sell it to you for $750. I bought it. I went straight to the range, oiled the rails & the barrel & shot 200 rounds through it without a single hiccup... Well, except my wife left her ring on her right hand and boogered up the front strap when she shot it.:( I took it home and used a cold bluing pen on it to fix it. Only I can see the damager now. Oh well, it's just a gun...

...Ummm, that next to last line was supposed to say "Only I can see the damage now." It sounds like I snuffed out my wife the way it was mis-typed:eek:.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2011
  11. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

NICE :cool:

Too bad they they made a mistake & cut grooves on the front of the slide tho :(