Got my permit

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by Hectocotylus, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Hectocotylus

Hectocotylus New Member

I just got a call that my cpl has come in here in WA. It took 29 out of the 30 days allowed. Is this just them being overloaded or why would they be cutting it do close.

2. marc29th

marc29th New Member

That is the most likely scenario.

3. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Here in Oregon we have background checks. It use to take about 15 minutes, now is several hours and most are postponed a few weeks. Luckily there's a policy that if after 3 days no word is received approval can be assumed and you can pick up your firearm. You can still technically be denied and they can come and take your gun, but how likely that is seems very questionable to me.

4. Hectocotylus

Hectocotylus New Member

Our background checks and the LGS are still fast, but this was for the cpl. I thought it might take a week because not much is required. And they just give you some crappy paper card, not like a license.

5. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Yeah I can't recall how long it took to get my CHL, but it stands to reason that everything is going slower and anything that requires an approval process and background check has to wait its turn in line. Right now those lines are long!

6. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Just be careful out there. You represent millions of other CCW people.

7. hockeyjr1

hockeyjr1 New Member

Don't complain over 29 days... I have to wait 14 months for mine since I handed in my paper work... Then when I get it I can't even carry for self defense... Only to and from the range.. This is the wonderful world of NY for ya..

8. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36 Active Member

NY Conceal carry permit is only good to and from a range? My god man. I knew those permits were hard to get but I thought IF you were able to atain one its like any other states permit. . :confused: That sucks. I cant understand why anyone but the marxist totalitarianists would live in that state

9. krosskelt

krosskelt New Member

In Kansas mine took nearly 120 days. They say it should take less than 90 but last year we had our highest ever. The wait was horrible, my wife said if I asked her about the mail again I wouldn't need a permit anymore ;)

10. hockeyjr1

hockeyjr1 New Member

Yupp depending on what county u r in its all different... NYC impossible to get, Nassau and suffolk u can get over time. But they are then stamped restricted... They don't believe in guns being used for self defense..

Ill be moving out of here the end of next year prob.. FL NC TN TX AZ... Are my choices as of now.. Gunna be nice to have my money and freedom back..

11. stoneam2006

stoneam2006 New Member

In ny a actuall conceal carry you can carry anywhere except the obvious.nyc is a different story all together along with counties with large citys in it like Erie. I live in southern tier cattaragus county and can carry anywhere...but still ny sucks mostly because of that damn city at the bottom of the state.

12. cbman417

cbman417 New Member

ccw permit in missouri

i filed my ccw apllication on the 26th of last month and my friend filed his 3-4 days after mine,he got a call thur saying he can pick his permit up the following tues . what the hick way is mine taking so long? do they only do so many back ground checks at once?

13. phildenton

phildenton New Member

14. JW357

JW357 New Member

I'd have to say a 29 day wait is pretty amazing. I waited about two months back in NC, and this was in... 2011? I think? Anyway it was quite a ways before Sandy Hook and the run on permits and guns.

Back about six months ago I looked into getting a permit here in Kalifornia, and the first step was to have an interview with the local sheriff. I called to schedule one, and I was told there weren't any openings until December. That's right, there was at least a nine month wait on getting the initial interview. That's before you even START the paperwork.

And then the background check they do on you takes forever in this county. Its almost equivalent to getting a full-on security clearance.

I imagine it would take a minimum of a year to get my permit here, if I were so inclined.

Please count your blessings. :)

15. beretta9988

beretta9988 New Member

I love Bucks County PA. Conceal carry permits take about 30 minutes to get.

16. hockeyjr1

hockeyjr1 New Member

That's nothing.. Here in ny I was told 8 month wait just to get fingerprinted!!!! Then my background check starts, which down the road there is an interview, which prob is backed up too.. I heard from people that it's taking 12-18 months from the day your app is put in to u getting cleared...

Then.....

When u want to buy a gun. U go to the store show him your permit.( can't even handle a pistol without your permit) pick the gun u want and pay the man.. U take the paper work and drive 25 min to the pistol building and they put the serial number on the back of your permit.. Then you go back to the store, complete the usual paperwork and pass a normal background check call and THEN you may take your gun... But hold up!!! You can't take that gun now home or to the range!!! You must bring it back to the same place u were an hr ago so they can "inspect" the gun and match the serial numbers...

Pass all this and you get a grade a pistol
    Permit that u can only posses your gun while your going to and from the range... God I hate this state..

17. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

Some of us were born here! If you lived where I do, you would know why its worth fighting for, The Garden of Eden doesnt have anything on Upstate, The real state Of New York. 95% of our counties have stood up against "The Safe Act" and the next elections gonna cost anti 2A Republicrats their jobs.

Im gearing up to get my permit soon, my counties one of the better in the state 2A wise, keep my fingers crossed!

18. JW357

JW357 New Member

I just realized the OP was from back in January.

I don't know why these old threads keep getting resurrected.

19. 304inc

304inc New Member

Holy @@@@ man, that's crazy,, where do you live? So I can be sure to never go there... no offense bro but that is blatant infringement of your rights wrapped in red tape.

20. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

The problem is it varies by county. Say if you live in Allegheny county takes a about 3 months to get fingerprinted, background check and receive said permit... which BTW is un restricted.. but if you live 2 counties north in genesee county your wait time is between 4 to 9 months and for the first 5 years is only good to go to and from ranges. Erie county is between 12 and 18 months and is restricted also.... but a guy who has an Allegheny permit is legal to carry across the state except in NYC... makes sense right?

Last edited: Sep 25, 2013