Got my new FN FNX Tactical 45

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by 50caliber, Feb 28, 2014.

1. 50caliber

50caliber New Member

ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1393573242.973453.jpg

Does anyone have a preferred red dot for this gun?

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

2. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

I don't know about Yours Specifically, but if you want expensive go EOTech or Aimpoint. If your gonna knock it around get a sightmark or a TruGlo...plenty of models and other brands to choose....Nice color BTW,...only 3 Mags...hope your ordering more...

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

3. pat701

pat701 New Member

What did that bad boy cost you?

4. JonM

JonM Moderator

Those things were built for the trijicon rmr.

I want one of those pretty bad, so bad I'm considering getting rid of a few 1911 I don't really shoot.

5. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I know it accepts the RMR as a simple bolt on . Not sure what else fits it but Vortex has several different pistol mounts for their Razor , not sure if they have one for the FNX

6. cotex

cotex New Member

I have a delta point w/triangle reticle on my glock 19 and love it and carry it daily, I will buy another when second addition comes out. Twice the battery life. Make the gun real accurate and fun.

Tex

7. JonM

JonM Moderator

thanks to you i went and sold a 1911 and a couple older rifles i dont really shoot much which were gathering dust because of the scar17 and marlin 45-70 and picked up one of these bad boys in black and ordered a trijicon rmr.

im not sure your a good influence...:eek:

8. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

I was thinking about a 9MM one actually....so I think it's a Good influence

9. JonM

JonM Moderator

my wife was pushing me to the 9mm version but it only holds 17 in the mag vs my m9a1 20 in the mag...

but that wasnt the decider. i KNEW if i got the 9mm one it would be mine only as long as it took me to get past the 48hour wait before she claimed it.

i like 45acp better and the wife doesnt so i know she wont touch it. its going to make a great combo with the scar17

well maybe he is a good influence ive got more room in the gunsafe i can put a couple of ar15 back together in one piece now and sit em in the safe instead of the shelves in the back of the safe.

10. Byron0022

Byron0022 New Member

I bought the FNP45. I'll never stick a can on it so I figured just go plain.

11. Byron0022

Byron0022 New Member

Funny that you said it would match the SCAR, that's exactly what I've been telling folks about mine. Did you get the tactical version??

12. JonM

JonM Moderator

Yes i did. Got an rmr on order as well should be here friday or mondayish

13. Transman

Transman New Member

I've had my fnp tactical for a number of yrs now. I have a Doctor armrests on mine and its scarry accurate a real pleasure to shoot.

14. 50caliber

50caliber New Member

Got it new at my local gun shop for $1,200.

15. 50caliber

50caliber New Member

Haha I never said you had to go and do all that lol. But you're going to love this pistol

16. 50caliber

50caliber New Member

The 9mm version only holds 2 extra rounds in the magazine. You can hold 15 rounds of .45 with this gun but if 9mm is your preference then do what you feel more comfortable with.

17. JonM

JonM Moderator

lol i been wanting one since the fnp tacticals came out but the fnp had some issues i didnt like. the fnx fixed em. ive also got a ton of guns i really dont shoot or use but they were smoking deals at the time. i didnt lose any money selling em off for more modern stuff ill use.

ive slowly been modernizing my guns into things i would take into combat with modern capabilities. plus im also getting my optics inline so i have the same reticle whether im looking through my scar17 or my fnx45.

soon as fn makes non threaded barrels available im getting one of those to make it a bit easier to ccw. i like the threaded barrel as it gives more barrel length for better velocity but i also want a little shorter barrel for better concealment

18. Byron0022

Byron0022 New Member

The threaded barrel is one of the reasons I didn't want the tactical. Goes against the grain but I'll never use it for it's intended purpose so I figured, why get it. Sounds like you have a heck of a collection, I'm really just getting started myself.

19. JonM

JonM Moderator

can still put a comp on it. but the extra barrel length lets you take full advantage of the 45acp case capacity and squeeze out a extra few fps. if your going to use a optic the tactical is a no brainer as the machining for the optic night sights and mounting plate is worth it. if your never going to use a optic then the regular fnx

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  20. Byron0022

Byron0022 New Member

Sometimes we set up a reflex course and go through a few drills. I wanna be able to draw the 45 from a holster but if it had a optic is a holster even made for one??