Got my LCR !!!

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by ktmboyz, Sep 17, 2009.

1. ktmboyz

ktmboyz New Member

Finally made the move and brought home my Ruger LCR :D Now I can have something to carry when its warmer and I dont have alot of concealment clothing on . Hey Cane does yours have an annoying rattle from the transfer bar ?? I called Ruger and they said it was normal :mad:

Made the switch from
    [​IMG]
    To this
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 17, 2009
  2. DoyleTheDog

DoyleTheDog New Member

Congrats buddy!!! I got one about a month ago and love it!! Mine has the transfer bar rattle as well but for the most part you never hear it while you're carrying it.

3. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

I've had my LCR for about 6/7 months now. Love it...

4. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Congrats on the purchase! What are you using for carry ammo?

5. Hooks

Hooks New Member

I've had mine for a few months....very nice carry on the hip....

6. canebrake

canebrake New Member

ktm, I don't know how I missed this!!

Yea it rattles but only when I shake it.

I don't shiver down here in Florida so it's not been an issue. I had a piss quiver while carring and didn't hear a sound.

When summer is over in another month or two I'll switch back to my Colt.

[​IMG]

Rusty, (?) I carry Cor-Bon 38 Special +P 110gr DPX and when I pull the loud switch on this 13.5 oz puppy my arthritic wrist lets me know its +P! I’d rather shoot Fenrir, but I'd rather carry my Elsie Ahrrrr! Target load wad cutters are an absolute pleasure to shoot and I can run 200-300 in a single range session with no problemo. Asmel can attest to this and I'm sure he will back me with saying it has the sweetest DA trigger around.

Hooks, hop over to the Introduction Section and tell us a little about yourself.

7. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Congratulations. :cool:

8. WDB

WDB New Member

Two questions,
    First what is the rattle, Something that will gain attention just enjoying daily life or something you have to be break dancing to to make happen? I truly want to buy this pistol as my next gun but if it rattles like old guy with a pocket full of coins then that is an issue.

Second question the ammo strips in the photo, who makes them? Do you use them and if you do what do you think of them?

9. ktmboyz

ktmboyz New Member

The rattle is just the transfer bar in the trigger mechanism. Its not very bad or very loud just something I noticed and at the time was fust wondering if it was normal. Next time you see one just shake it a little and you will hear it. It doesnt bother me at all, I just have a thing about noises that shouldnt be there, maybe its from too many years as a auto tech lol :confused:

10. AsmelEduardo

AsmelEduardo New Member

I certify that!:D

11. frank002

frank002 New Member

Just got my LCR

Just got my LCR. Waiting to take it to the range. Sweet trigger pull and nice grip.

12. canebrake

canebrake New Member

How about a range report and some eye candy?? [​IMG]

13. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Yeah, what Cane said. :cool:

14. frank002

frank002 New Member

Got my LCR

Hoping to take to the range Thursday. My daughter wants to try out her new Sig P238.

You can see a picture of it on my web page along with my Springfield XD-9 subcompact
    http://frank002.yolasite.com

15. Mark F

You wn't be disappointed! I hav had my LCR for about 6 months and I love it.

16. DMac

DMac New Member

I'm seriously eyeing this as my first concealed carry pistol, and have a huuuuuge interest in how they shoot, so do post a range report when you get the chance. Also, how well do they fit in your hands? I have large hands and want to make sure the LCR will fit in my big mitts.

Congrats again, KTM. I'm jealous.

17. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

DMac there are a few writeups in the Range Report section if ya haven't seen em. I got my LCR about a week ago and love it for CC. The grips fit my some-what large hands(wear XL Gloves) extremely well.

18. AsmelEduardo

AsmelEduardo New Member

Cane and I have big paws, I'm 6' and Cane is like 6'3" and is no doubt that the LCR fit very well in our hands... I can shot all day long with it. The only thing is that the +P ammo is a little bit snappy because the lightweight, but that's all, with practice ammo I don't have any problem.

19. Mark F

I've been very happy with my LCR. It goes everywhere I go...

20. ktmboyz

ktmboyz New Member

+1 on that,, That little baby has turned into my amex I never leave home without it :cool: