Got my Garand Sighted In

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Discussion' started by Righteous, Mar 1, 2008.

1. Righteous

Righteous New Member

Took my Garand to the 100 Yard FOP range this morning to get her sighted in. Was not bad off to start with, after 2 shots tho my trigger group came out, didnt lock it in right and had to stop get that fixed, didnt have a book so didnt know how to reload a parcial clip so just put a new clip in. As you can see in the pics, the bottom 2 shots then the 2 four shot groups as it was dialing in then the 8 round group bottom left with all touching but 2, ya cant even see all the holes they made there so close,thats a quarter for comparison by it, this 2 stage trigger makes it pretty dam easy to say the least. For my first Garand and first buy from cmp I am hooked for life now, I love this gun

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

Were you zeroing at 25 yards or 100? Looks pretty tight for a rifle of it's age.

3. Righteous

Righteous New Member

thats a 100 yards , not as tight as some I have seen but not bad. gotta find me a 500 yard range and 1000 yard now and put it to the real test

4. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

Looks pretty good to me for open sights. I must admit, I love my garand also. I have found some good information on Biggerhammer.net for my garand.

5. ScottG

ScottG New Member

Hmmm....gives me an idea for something to do tomorrow....

6. Righteous

Righteous New Member

kool site but didnt see the first thing about Garands what so ever there.

7. fluffo63

fluffo63 New Member

good shooting..

..i cant do that good with a scope..LOL..good pic,s:D