got my first trjicon

Discussion in 'Optics & Mounts' started by Ultimate_sig, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

2. hoovco

hoovco New Member

3. JonM

JonM Moderator

the tritium capsule is under warranty not to dim ahead of its projected lifespan. if its past that point then its not under warranty. i THINK its like 100ish for a refill while there they go over the optic and give you the oppurtunity for a complete overhaul if you want it.

when i send mine in, in a decade or so ill have them overhaul it totally. will be like getting a brand new one back

4. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

When they overhaul it do they replace everything

5. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

Its probably more now than normal there is a Tritium shortage in this country since we had partial production shut down after the cold wars end.

6. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

Why does it cost so much to refill these things and an optic like eotech cost $3 for a new battery...mad:(

7. hoovco

hoovco New Member

Tritium is radioactive and lasts like 12 years.

8. JonM

JonM Moderator

they replace anything that is even slightly worn relube the innards repurge it and bring it back to spec. they will give you a quote before doing anything like that. just stay in touch with them.

contact trijicon with the serial and they can tell you how old it is

because tritium doesnt fail like electronics can. handling radioactives safely isnt cheap. tritium is also poisonus to breathe touch eat.

9. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

If you could buy cheap tritium at the hardware store and change tritium at home, it would be cheap. One of the reasons I have held off of buying a Trijicon. Also I haven't been able to get comfortable with the ACOG. I also got a screaming deal on my EOTech. Aimpoint's battery life really makes Tritium in a reflex sight seem like less if an advantage. Electronics or not, Aimpoints are pretty tough.

10. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

Yea I have a Aimpoint pro I love it, also have an Eotech I like it too. I think I may just trade out the reflex acog for another Eotech