got my first shotty

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by dsmith84, Sep 9, 2009.

1. dsmith84

dsmith84 New Member

hi guys got my first shotty today. its not the best and greatest but i got it for only $25 needs a lil work its a new england 20 gauge single shot break open action and when i break it open and close it back it the trigger is all the way back im gonna take it to a gunsmith to fix how much do yall think it would cost to fix? i got a factory pic here

Attached Files:

2. dsmith84

dsmith84 New Member

no replies? could somebody add something please?

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I don't know why you didn't get any replies. I didn't reply up to now, because I don't know how to fix it...

I suggest that you hit edit and then hit advanced, and add "Need Help" to your thread title. That should do the trick.

Enjoy that shotty. :cool:

4. BigByrd47119

BigByrd47119 New Member

lol. Sorry man I totally missed this thread. In fact there isnt really anything I can tell you about your issue. Its a beauty of a gun though. Break actions are always nice to have. Easy to clean, much safer (in general) and also a good bit more reliable. I would have suggested getting a double barrel (I love the over under) but for $25 I can hardly blame you for jumping on it. Good luck on getting it fixed, I dont think itll cost ya too much. Probably just a bad spring or somthing of that nature.

Foot Note* Everything Iv read about them so far has suggested a aftermarket Recoil pad for this particular gun, If your gonna be putting plenty of rounds threw it, when its a 12-gauge. Even in 20ga, itll probably still kick pretty good.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2009
  5. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Active Member

It's not going to cost very much at all to fix your NEF 20. It sounds like a trigger return spring to me-a 2$ part. It's going to cost more to put it in than the part costs. I would know a LOT more if I could see it in person.

6. dsmith84

dsmith84 New Member

thanks guys i found out that we no longer have a gunsmith in our town the closest one is in jesup. ga about an hour away. hopefully they're open on saturdays since thats my only day off. i work the other six days a week. hopefully soon i cant wait to shoot this baby. its pretty much exactly like the picture it still looks brand new i dont think its been shot much. i mainly got it for home defense purposes figure i squeeze off one round of buckshot then drop it and use my s&w 9mm as my wife grabs the ruger10/22 since its the only one she's comfortable shooting. also i'm a sucker for a good deal. :D

7. falseharmonix

falseharmonix New Member

dsmith,

I believe my first gun was a 20gauge just like the one youre describing. I'm unfortunately not currently in possession of it, but hope that changes here in a short while.

I remember the first time I shot it (that was my first shooting experience). It was the loudest sonofa**** that I've ever heard (at the time), and I was instantly hooked!

Hope you enjoy many a day with your new friend!

8. divinginn

divinginn New Member

Those single shot guns are very easy to work on,very few parts,take it apart and look at the springs.If it is bad you can order it over the internet.