Got my first .22

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by AleksiR, Jan 6, 2011.

1. AleksiR

AleksiR New Member

Bought her yesterday from a local shop when my purchase permit finally came through. I did some research browsing through topics here and on finnish firearms forums and ended up buying a brand new CZ 452 Varmint with 16" threaded barrel. Also bought a Tasco scope, a bi-pod and a supressor for the gun.

Hopefully I'll get to a range tomorrow to sight her in and start practicing :)

Here´s the pic...

[​IMG]

2. NeonLeon

NeonLeon New Member

Congratulations!

3. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

I wish we could get suppressors here. Maybe we can get that as the next fight in our legislature.

4. AleksiR

AleksiR New Member

Thanks Leon!

Well, that´s about the only good part of our gun legislation. After the two school shootings in 2007 and 2008 getting a purchase permit for a hand gun has been made nearly impossible. After 2008 it was easier to get a permit for semi-auto black rifle than a .22lr revolver...handguns are so dangerous ´cos they´re easy to conceal they say...

5. safedman

safedman New Member

Sweet rig!!! Welcome to an addiciton. My friends asked me why I bought another 22...I said cheap to shoot and I had room in my cabinet. :D

6. amoroque

amoroque New Member

Sweet! That should last you a lifetime, or 5, depending on if you pass it down. nice purchase.

7. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Very nice. Please get a range report and some pics to us.

8. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Very cool set-up, Aleksi. Do you plan to hunt as well? I really like the look of the rig, with the scope, bipods and can. What's the make of the suppressor?

9. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

You can, but you gotta go through a class 3 dealer and have your sheriff's dept sign off on the federal paperwork, etc etc...they don't make it easy.

10. orangello

orangello New Member

That is beautiful! I bet it would be much easier to shoot targets without the noise.

11. AleksiR

AleksiR New Member

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Unfortunately I didn´t get to the range today, but I'll post a range report as soon as I can.

Yes, I´m going to hunt small game with it. The supressor is from SAK-products, made here in Finland, in Oulu. Price is around 40$ dependind on where you buy it. Noise reduction is at the same level as with the more expensive supressors despite the cheap price.