Got my first 1911 today! Ruger SR1911

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by ZombieKiller83, Aug 5, 2011.

1. ZombieKiller83

ZombieKiller83 New Member

Here she is
    [​IMG]
    Can't wait to get her out to the range this Monday. After alot of research and browsing of the vast majority of 1911 manufacturers, this one caught my eye as a good starter gun. Not too expensive and not so cheap i would seriously worry about how well it will perform. I know its a newer model but so far i have had great luck with Ruger as have my buddies so wth figure i'll give a shot.

First impressions: fit of the slide i would say is satisfactory but nothing to get excited about as there is some play but no rattles. I was a little disappointed when i field stripped it only to find i had to do a fairly thorough cleaning on a brand new gun :mad: you'd think they would at least give it a quick wipe down after test firing but oh well. Most probably already know it came with a 7rd as well as 8 rd mag. Comes in a box but a soft, padded zip-up case comes with for storage. Case is made in China (go figure Ruuuugggger NAUGHTY!!).

Anyways i'm still happy with my decision and will keep you posted on how she performs :cool:

2. rigjumpr

rigjumpr New Member

Congrats. Many years of happiness to you two and your 8 little offspring 

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Congratulations. Please post a range report when you get to it.

4. ZombieKiller83

Will do good sir :cool:

5. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Great looking Ruger!

Now go get 'er dirty! [​IMG]

6. whtsmoke

whtsmoke New Member

ZombieKiller83 i will await your report on monday as I will be giving you mine lol, I too picked up my SR1911 this morning. I cant wait till monday to g[​IMG]o shoot it.:)

Last edited: Aug 6, 2011
  7. HAVEGUN

HAVEGUN New Member

Fine looking shooting iron.
    Enjoy

8. onetohunt

onetohunt New Member

Great looking guns!! Enjoy!!

9. NOVA

NOVA New Member

AAARRRGGGHHH! I'm so jealous - I will not ask what you paid for it because it does not really matter. I'm on several waiting lists of online sites, cuz I refuse to pay my LGS owner what he's getting for them right now. So because I'm not wealthy and a bit of a cheapskate, reckon I'll have to wait for mine. Enjoy your new gun. Excellent choice for your first 1911, IMO. :)

10. ZombieKiller83

I cheated and put mine on layaway haha :p I'm certainly not wealthy either but after browsing through hundreds of different 1911's, Ruger's offering called to me and i knew i had to have one for my first!

11. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

The write-up in American Rifleman was VERY complimentary toward the new Ruger SR1911. Especially compared to the price!

What did the two of you (zombie and whtsmoke) spend, out the door?

What in the world is that stoopid warning sticker on the 7-round mag? Based on the picture, it appears to say, "Watch out you dufus! When you remove the dang clip, there still be a boolit in the heater!" Am I correctamundo?

12. ZombieKiller83

I got mine for 750.00 OTD. And yes haha the sticker basically says the gun can still fire with no mag, they have been removed now :p

13. whtsmoke

whtsmoke New Member

They are selling for 699 here in Kansas City. Dont know if thats overpriced but it will last longer than my overpriced car will.

14. ZombieKiller83

Thats actually decently priced considering MSRP is 799.99 :cool:

15. towboater

towboater Active Member

I like that " Made in the USA" on the side.

16. fisher79

fisher79 New Member

Well gotta wait on mine to the dealers all say ruger has commitments and won't ship to dealers till they take care of that. So I'm waiting again I feel like a step child at Christmas :(

17. ZombieKiller83

Dang, they still got you waiting for your gun show pick-up too? I'd be :mad:

18. fisher79

fisher79 New Member

Yeah tomorrow is the last day if they don't call I can go get it anyway. Freaking pisses me off but I'm going to get my CHL and end all the BS.

19. whtsmoke

whtsmoke New Member

Zombie, did you get your SR out this past weekend? I shot mine Monday and am pleased with it. I didnt really try for accuracy as much as getting the feel of it although i did get some 3.5 inch groups at 20 yards with it. I fed it Federal champions, federal hydro shocks, hsm loads as well as some real old reloads i had laying around, no ftf, or fte at all. i am going out next week and put it on a rest o see what it does.:D