Got my CCW today.

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by cmc0108, Dec 30, 2011.

1. cmc0108

cmc0108 New Member

After 3 years of trying to get it in NY I gave up.

I moved to PA and it literally took me one trip to the sheriff's. I spent 15 minutes and $20 there and walked out with my CCW.

I couldn't be more excited. Now time to research a IWB holster.

2. jon1992d

jon1992d New Member

Haha ya my brother just got his last week took him about 15 nins to sign some papers and get a temp of his card. What parts of pa are you stomping around?

3. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Congratulations!

4. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Congratulations. On the CCW AND on getting out of Jersey. :p

5. bigbomar4

bigbomar4 New Member

Every time I see something like this I pisses me off. I live in Texas were "every one has a gun on there hip". It cost me over $300 and a 10 hour class to get my CHL then I had to wait for over a month to get it mailed to me. I am happy that you got yours and I think every one that can legaly get one should have one but why is it so much easier in other states to get one? I would think in Texas they would hand them out to about any one who wanted them.

6. cmc0108

cmc0108 New Member

hey man...I know the feeling. I was denied numerous times in NY because I couldn't prove that I 'needed one'.

It's nice that PA is so awesome about it. On a side note, I was talking to one of the Sheriffs while I was there and he mentioned that they had approved almost almost 50 permits/day for the last 2 weeks. I thought that seemed really high...but awesome nonetheless.

7. cmc0108

cmc0108 New Member

Im in Eagleville, which is basically the valley forge area. About 30 minutes NW of Philly.

8. jon1992d

jon1992d New Member

Thats a nice area i attended valley forge military academy for a semester but the cost got to be to much so i had to drop out. Just make sure you stay away from those eagle and flyers fans haha ;P

9. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

Congrats!

Guess what time it is???

[​IMG]

10. Rellek2020

Rellek2020 New Member

Congrats. New York really needs some new political candidates to overcome the out of control gun control laws.

11. gollygee

gollygee New Member

Congratulations. Over a lot of years we've let the special interest groups & elected officials erode our 2nd amendment rights, to the point that I don't think we'll ever get them all back. Some states are doing a better job of it than others.

As far as I am concerned, a person should be able to walk into a gun store, plop down his money for a handgun, holster, etc. & walk out the door with it on his hip, no questions asked.

12. nccinstaller

nccinstaller New Member

Congrats man! glad you moved to a better state i like pa been there a few times i am in ohio so its not a super long hike

13. tac-safe

tac-safe New Member

Congrats on getting your license...If your ever in the San Antonio area look me up at http://www.tac-safe.com I'll ensure you leave the range comfortable for any situation!

Be Safe!
    San Antonio CHL

Last edited: Jan 1, 2012
  14. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Yeah, getting out of the People's Democratic Republic of New York.

Congratulations.

I used to work in St. David's...

15. cmc0108

cmc0108 New Member

Thanks man. I've actually owned my current glock for about 4 years. Im plenty comfortable with it. Unfortunately, Ive just never been able to actually carry it.

16. shooter88

shooter88 New Member

Yea i live in tx and im about to get mine