Got my bcm gunfighter

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by tenntyrant, Jan 17, 2012.

1. tenntyrant

tenntyrant New Member

Charging handle in today and I have to say I really like it, feels much better than the stock one.

2. Lumpy

Lumpy New Member

Very nice! That is good to hear as mine should be here Friday. Folks on here have a pretty good opinion about it so I'm guessing we'll both be quite happy.

3. Gloves

Gloves New Member

Awesome, I was just looking at getting that. Can you tell me why you didn't get the Badger Ordinance latch?
    I need a better latch system bad on my AR Uppers, scopes make them a hassle to deal with. How easy was the install?

4. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

The BCM GF has a better mechanical make-up. The moving part keeps constant contact w/ the handle to avoid breakage. I don't believe the Badger does.

5. tenntyrant

tenntyrant New Member

Very easy to install just take the stock one out slip the new one in.

6. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Anyone who know how to field strip an AR can install a new charging handle in less than a minute! The Gunfighter is a great product, most of us go for the Model 4 but under a large scope you might want to consider the larger No 3.

ETA:
    Changed the above to "the larger No. 3". The No. 5 is the small size.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
  7. Gloves

Gloves New Member

So you replaced the whole handle. I was thinking about just replacing the latch.

8. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

BCM Gunfighter +1

I kinda like the big latch, makes it easier for me to left hand one hand charge.

The only other aftermarket CH id consider is a PRI gas buster for supressed use but, Id prorobably play with a BCM and a bit of silicon before shelling out for a PRI.