Got my 10/22!

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by gregs887, Jun 6, 2009.

1. gregs887

gregs887 New Member

Well I picked up my 10/22 last night and I'm stoked. Going to give it a workout this week. I'll report back soon.

2. onenut58

onenut58 New Member

10-22

Thats a good deal getting a 10-22.I have one I bought back in 1980.They are great little guns.
    The best after market clips your going to find are tacticle inovations 25 round.The second best are buttler creek hot lips.I tried ramline 30 and fifty round and both are laying at a shooting spot in the desert here in southern nevada.
    But any way tactical inovations.com sells all kinds of goodies for the 10-22 like barrels stocks extended mag releases flash depressors trigger mechanisms all kinds of good stuff.This is where you can buy the mags to. I have the composite type and they have went up since I bought mine. I have three and have never had a problem with them. They have four screws on top where you can adjust them to fit tightly in your gun also.

3. Clem

Clem Member

The 10/22 is a great little gun. You can play with it to your heart's content. If you get tired of it and want to hop it up, there are plenty of choices in replacement parts. I took my 10/22 replaced parts so that when I was done, the only original part I had in the gun was the receiver. It shoots great too.

4. group17

group17 New Member

Just added the new ati folding stock this weekend.

[​IMG][/IMG]

5. bobbyb13

bobbyb13 New Member

With all that's out there for a 10/22, you just made the down payment.

6. FCross7

FCross7 New Member

That made me chuckle a little. Funny, but true. I was looking at different stuff for about 2 hours the other night.

-Fred

7. subie-jeep

subie-jeep New Member

they are fun little guns,here is mine with a butler creek folding stock,shooters ridge 25 rd. mag bushnell 3-9 and a cheap bipod.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 9, 2009
  8. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Good now enter the FTF monthly rimfire fun shoot. Lets go guys times a wasting!!! we need to have a decent turn out or it is going to get shut down.

9. MaGoo Idaho

MaGoo Idaho Member Supporter

Doe's yours look like mine.

P1010001-600x.jpg

10. BILLYBOB44

BILLYBOB44 Active Member

Re; 10-22

Gregs, you'll love the little Ruger. I have 2 that I have tinkered with, with E-bay parts, mostly. Some on this forum will jump you about what you have to replace to make it a Race Gun, but pay them no mind. They are fun to customize to YOUR liking!!:D PS MaGoo that 10-22 is almost too pretty to shoot!!

Last edited: Jun 10, 2009
  11. gregs887

gregs887 New Member

Took it out this morning and it shot pretty well. I did make a mistake in putting the scope mount on as it blocked my view of the rear sight. If I take that mount off will I have to replace the dummy screws that were in there? It looks like it is drilled clear through the chamber and I'm wondering if having those holes open, even though they are small, will cause any problems?

12. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Well-Known Member

The base screw holes don't extend into the barrel. They are in the receiver only. Leave them open if you like, but I would recommend filling them just for looks if you're not going to mount a scope on it. I'm suprized you want to leave it unscoped but to each his own.

13. gregs887

gregs887 New Member

Thanks bear. I will be putting a scope on it eventually, but for now I want to get the feel of it stock before I start doing things to it.