Got me some!

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by hawkguy, Jun 13, 2014.

1. hawkguy

hawkguy Well-Known Member

lmao! in the past that might have had a different meaning, but these days it means i got some 22 ammo. :p

its out there, i saw a decent amount of 22. but here is the trick, you must be able to buy it between 8-10AM mon-fri.......convenient, eh? :rolleyes:

i had a friend who REALLY wants a 10/22, but he hasn't got it yet cause he can't find any ammo. i bought 1K of 22 (total cost of $45-50) just the other morning, but i had to go to 3 stores to get it, and i couldn't be picky at all. but i got a good mix of CCI, federal, and remington.

and don't worry, i left PLENTY of 22 behind for others. :) i could have walked out with at least 5K cause academy had no limits. :confused: i think its too early for that in this crisis myself. my 22 stash is OK, i didn't buy any for myself.

so, i told my bud and he said he'll likely get the 10/22 this weekend! i'll sell it to him at cost of course....:cool:

its out there, gents. but you still gotta work for it, and maybe even get a bit lucky.

2. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Yep, every time I got lucky, I had to work for it. ;)

3. hawkguy

tell me about it, bro....this one time....wait....what're we talkin about again? :p

4. fa35jsf

fa35jsf New Member

Did you see any bulk boxes? I am wondering what the costs are for large boxes now days. And what did 22 cost 3 years ago? I don't remember.

5. hawkguy

normally the "bulk" boxes are 500+ rnds. i did see see 225 round bulk boxes of remington "golden bullets." i got a couple. they were $11.

3 years ago, boxes of 500 round bulk 22 cost between $16-20 basically.

the CCI mini mags were $7 at wal mart. that is pre panic prices. nice to see.

6. LikeABoss

LikeABoss Member Lifetime Supporter

ammo to go, has it, no problem

7. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

I am so horny for 22 magnum, I would buy it from a perfect stranger.

8. hawkguy

price ok? they are good at availability, price...normally not as much. :confused:

9. hawkguy

lmao! i came across a good price on 22 mag about a month ago. i only bought 100 rounds and have been kicking my own a$$ ever since.....have not seen one round since then.

10. hawkguy

answered my own question. :)

50 round boxes at 10-12 cents a round. PASS! :(

11. Darth AkSarBen

Darth AkSarBen Member

Saw a box today of Winchester Wildcat 22 LR for .97 a box of 50.

12. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

We Scored some at BIG 5 last Monday, going back this Monday to buy whatever else I need Ammo & Target wise for the season. Last two weeks they got loads of Ammo, all calibers, Handgun, Rifle, Rimfire.........., Everything...

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

13. hawkguy

good news overall, it would seem some 22 is coming back a bit! :)

14. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Hawk,

The wife and I each purchased a brick of 500+ at the Bass Pro Shop in Nashville, TN. the other day. They did not have them out on the shelf. But when I asked, "I supose you do not have any 22 LRs"? The clerk said "Yes Sir we do"! 500+ But they are limited to one per customer. We have them behind the counter! They were not in view! So we instantly became "Two Customers" :p and purchesed two bricks. That was the first 22LRs I had found for a long time. So I hope they are starting to come back and the scalpers loose their A**es on them! ;)

15. hawkguy

GREAT find! :D yes, most 22LR is behind the counter in our area as well. i guess it has to be strictly controlled. one time, about a year ago, i was dry on 22 and found some at a wal mart driving through a random town to see family. i bought my 3 box limit, and my wife (slightly disgruntled about it :p), had to get out of the truck for HER 3 limit, hahaha! ;)

things seem to be on the up. i walked away form a good bit of 22 i thought was slightly overpriced. and it felt good to do it.

and YES! it may be wrong to feel this way, but i sincerely hope every jerk that hoarded ammo in this crisis (for the sake of price gouging) gets BURNED big time. :D i guess i'll never blame them for trying to take advantage of a booming market....BUT.....it just seems decency would eventually cause them to stop trying to buy ALL the ammo up, every single day.

16. Darth AkSarBen

Darth AkSarBen Member

I bought some from a guy in Ohio on Gunbrokers.com a while back. First and last. With shipping it was really more than one should pay, and to top it off, got an email that he had just bought some "buckets" if I was interested. Sounds like a private party that is "first-in-line" at every local store to buy any and all ammo just for re-sale at 4x his original cost PLUS shipping.

New self rule. Don't buy Ammo online from overpriced people. When the names like MidwayUSA, Natchez Shooter Supply, etc (you know, the FFL folks!) sell it at a reasonable price, then that might be a different story. .05 to .06 should be the limit of price and that is .05 x 50= $2.50 / box or $3.00 / box. When they don't have a market those sales should dry up at those outlandish prices.

17. hawkguy

good for you, and don't hang your head over paying too much for 22LR. i feel most of us have likely made a purchase or two we regret during this ammo shortage. i know i have. :eek:

i like your rule. we started a thread on this awhile back. its about what we can do as consumers to try and get the 22LR situation under control. and the best answer imo, is basically what you said: stop overpaying and panic buying. and never give a red cent to price gougers!

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/rationing-22lr-helping-each-other-105070/

18. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

LGS has a nice supply of .22LR bricks, price tag is too rich for my blood. Cost factor $98.00 for 500 rounds. They can pound sand!

19. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Totally agree here. We have been talking it out over on the other thread in this section. At least at Big 5 the price is "close" to. "Pre silliness " prices. Between the Federal champions and Am Eagles we got a few weeks ago, plus the 2-222 Boxes of Winchester we got Two weeks ago, and the 225 GB's...we think we have close to enough for the three Matches we are shooting in this Summer/Fall....
    I'm more concerned about being ready to go for "SASS" next year( for her) or "Wild bunch"( for me ). May not be taking part in any other matches that require some Running around. Our Ranger Cpt. Shoots IPSC., and wants to put together a "Course" for us to "Run "...

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
  20. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter