Got me another one

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by tenntyrant, Apr 4, 2012.

1. tenntyrant

tenntyrant New Member

Got me another rifle this time I got a LWRC M6A2. I installed a bcm gun fighter charging handle and a magpul bad lever.

image-1221751757.jpg

2. mt232

mt232 New Member

Very nice, what else do you plan on doing to it?

3. BCMjUnKiE

BCMjUnKiE New Member

Nice indeed. That is going to be my next rifle or a Noveske.

4. tenntyrant

tenntyrant New Member

I want to get some Troy flip up sights and a different butt stock any one have recommendations?

5. mt232

mt232 New Member

Don't really know much about butt stocks but Magpul has some nice ones

6. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Check out the Magpul STR, and diamondhead premium buis.

7. billt

billt New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm curious as to when LWRC went to the cheap standard stocks and grips? These are both of my LWRC's. The top one is a standard M-6, the lower photo is my Paul Howe CSAT Edition. Both came in the box with Vltor E-Mod Stocks and Mag-Pul MIYAD Grips.

If your going to swap out the stock and grip I would recommend the Vltor E-Mod. It's really well made and give a much better, more comfortable cheek weld than the standard stock. I left the Mag-Pul grips on both of mine, but I like the Ergo Deluxe Tactical Grip much better. I have large hands and the Ergo seems more "hand filling" than the Mag-Pul with the large insert installed.

For iron sights I really like the CSAT Sight that's on my CSAT Edition LWRC. You can buy them from XS Sights. Here is a video of Paul Howe demonstrating how they work. It's a really simple concept that works well. I can't believe someone didn't think of this before.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eV7SERiVP5U[/ame]

8. tenntyrant

tenntyrant New Member

Just got my new stock grip and vertical fore grip I will post pics tonight when I get it installed

9. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Check out diamonhead premium buis.

Excuse my primative mspaint skills plzzz. and rotate the image 45 degrees.

The grey border is the rear sight aperture, and the black is the front sight. Its so much easier to alight the corners than just trying to put the post in the middle of the circle.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  10. tenntyrant

tenntyrant New Member

Here it is with some of the accessories I got for it today . I'm not done yet I need a FDE magpul mag and some rail covers , I will be putting some folding sights on it in the FDE color also, then I will figure out what else I want.

image-2152442435.jpg

11. billt

billt New Member

That looks Good!

12. mkoon541

mkoon541 New Member

I'm new to the forum and shooting guns. I'm getting into it slowly and I have a sig sauer m4. But my question is what is the difference in the m4 and the m6? More or less they look the same to me.

13. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

The M6 is a model made by an entirely different company, LWRC. It is a short stroke piston design. I don't believe Sig has an M4 carbine...there's the M400 and the 516 both are modeled after the M4. Not a true M4 but a civilian version of it.

14. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Nice illustration, Tikki, very informative! I've wondered how the Diamondhead worked. It looks like it would do all right with a standard front sight too.

15. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

I love "Continuing Education". Can we get CE credits? Thanks Tikki, I had wondered about that myself, now I know.

This is what this Forum is all about, learning the AR platform and it's varients. :cool:

16. tenntyrant

tenntyrant New Member

I need some advise on what rail covers to get I have been looking at the Troy in FDE are they good ones?

17. billt

billt New Member

All I can tell you as far as rail covers, is to stay away from TAPCO. I bought several sets of them and they are bad. They go on easy enough, but they are all wavy and look like crap. I sent them back and purchased several from Bushmaster. They fit like a glove, and look good doing it.

18. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

Look at Samson Evolutions as well. Don't forget to look at the total weight of what you want as well.

19. mkoon541

mkoon541 New Member

Yeah its the m400. I have a scope, laser and the quad rail.

20. tenntyrant

tenntyrant New Member

Got some more goodies on the way

2 Magpul PMAG 30 Polymer Magazine 5.56 NATO, Flat Dark Earth

LWRC Picatinny Rail Cover 3 Pack Flat Dark Earth

1 Blue Force Gear Vickers Padded Sling 2 Point Combat VCAS Sling, OA Acetal Hardware, Coyote Brown