Got it. Good deal?

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by txpossum, Jun 27, 2013.

1. txpossum

txpossum New Member

Yesterday evening I posted that a buddy of mine back in Fort Worth was offered a 30-06 for $300.00. His description of it sounded like an Interarms Mark X. He also said it had a Redfield scope. I told Doug to check it out further, as I was interested. He called me back today, said it was a Mark X, but the scope was a Winfield (darn). He said the gun was in excellent condition, so I told him, "sure, go ahead and buy it, I'll send you the money", which he did.

So I am the new owner of this rifle. A few minutes ago he send me some pics of the gun (or rather his secretary did -- Doug's a little behind the technology curve). I am disappointed it's not a Redfield scope, and the stock isn't quite as nice as I would have hoped, but overall I don't think it's a bad deal for $300.00. I checked gunbroker.com and saw what looked like similar rifles going for $600 or more.

I've never owned a Mark X, but the reviews I pulled up online indicate it's a reliable and accurate rifle. I'm still kicking myself at not buying a used Ruger 77 in 30-06 for $450.00 a few months ago. How does the Mark X compare with the Ruger? Any opinions on this gun?

I have a 30-06 already, a Springfield that my father sporterized when I was very young, which then got lost for about 20 years until I discovered it at a gun show again, but I always like having at least two guns in the same caliber.

Now I have to figure out how to get it from Texas up here to Pennsyvania.

Attached Files:

2. txpossum

txpossum New Member

Sigh. Of course this puts me back in buying a .22 magnum rifle like I thought I was looking for; and I had just decided to start saving my pennies to buy an MIA now that prices are heading south again. There really ought to be a twelve step program somewhere I should join.

3. towboater

towboater Active Member

Awesome deal. Send it to me, I'll give ya some profit.