Firearms Talk banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure where to post this but, today was the first time I ever got into a serious gun control debate. Sadly it was with my grandparents. They said I was paranoid for having guns incase the government went crazy or some other government attacks us. I told them I just realize that this could happen but they insisted I was paranoid. We discussed other stuff including what they kept referring to as "assault weapons" I don't think I can change their thoughts no matter what. Sorry if this is in the wrong place and move it if necessary.

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
Yea its too bad you cant pick your family. I would have smarter siblings!

·
Premium Member
20,098 Posts
Im pretty sure the jews in 1935 didnt think they would be shoved into hitler's ovens in less than a decade after he took their guns away either.

Thats the argument i like to use on gun grabbers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Garadex said:
Not sure where to post this but, today was the first time I ever got into a serious gun control debate. Sadly it was with my grandparents. They said I was paranoid for having guns incase the government went crazy or some other government attacks us. I told them I just realize that this could happen but they insisted I was paranoid. We discussed other stuff including what they kept referring to as "assault weapons" I don't think I can change their thoughts no matter what. Sorry if this is in the wrong place and move it if necessary.
It is what it is brother, all you can do is love them !

·
Banned
3,611 Posts
It is hard to have a rational discussion with someone who thinks the 2nd Amendment is about duck hunting and insists governments are benevolent dictators. Who did she grow up with knowing had gone to war (Father, Uncle, etc) and were they fighting or was it just paranoia? Perhaps you are young and they are part of the stoner-generation so facts and history don't matter!?

·
Administrator
26,663 Posts
You, sir, have encountered the "powdered butt" syndrome. It is difficult to take serious advice from anyone whose butt you have ever powdered.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good to see I'm not alone it does suck that they wont listen no matter what facts and logic I used. I am young but this is the one subject I know a lot on so at least I was prepared.

·
Registered
7,482 Posts
JonM said:
Im pretty sure the jews in 1935 didnt think they would be shoved into hitler's ovens in less than a decade after he took their guns away either.

Thats the argument i like to use on gun grabbers
You kiddin me Jon? Every book I read, the Jews didn't know they were going to ovens, even as they got off the trains and boarded auschwitz...

·
Banned
11,006 Posts
That was his point-----
They got the point finally though-as the cattle prods ran them into the gas chambers. Sadly that's what it will take w people like the OPs grandparents. That is a very sad fact bout America today.

·
Registered
6,928 Posts
They got the point finally though-as the cattle prods ran them into the gas chambers. Sadly that's what it will take w people like the OPs grandparents. That is a very sad fact bout America today.
Yeah- How do you spell complacent ?????

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
I'm surprised, I'd have thought more people of their vintage would be more into, or at least understanding or tolerant of guns. But my family, (with a few exceptions), is the same way, including the wife.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts