Got burned on 1st auction on Gunbroker

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by BacktoGats, Dec 30, 2009.

1. BacktoGats

BacktoGats New Member

Saw an under the table holster I wanted on Gunbroker so I signed up and bid. I won the item and sent my postal money order the same day. That was November 19th. I have emailed and called his contact number three times and spoke to a different person everytime. They all promise that if not shipped out, it will be that day. They offered to call me back, send me an email confirming but of course I never received a thing. I sent a complaint to GB asking them to look into this and suspend his ability to list items for auction. I copied the seller on this email also and the next day, he emailed me with one short sentence. "I will refund you the money". I replied back that he can make good on this today and gave my paypal addy but nothing, That was 12/19. I have 170 transactions to my name on Ebay with 100% feedback, guess my luck had to run out sometime. Just blows my mind a person screwing up their reputation on GB for $17!

2. orangello

orangello New Member

I just go there to look at the pictures now. I noticed some goober selling a police trade in revolver (.38 S&W Model 64) using the same pic from the J&G Sales website that listed it for 1/2 of the GB seller's price. I now see one that looks remarkably similar billed as an "Austrian police trade in"; why would cops in Austria be using a .38 S&W revolver? There appear to be a few others on GB in the same price range. Then there are all the BP pistols & kits priced $20 above the price at Cabelas.

Nice variety of pics though.

3. DonnyKC

DonnyKC New Member

contact the postmaster you bought the money order from. remember if he stole your money with a postal money order, he is committing mail fraud

4. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I try to stay away form GB.com I just don't like the way they treat customers. the sellers can do no wrong and the customer is trash.

donnykc is right contact the postmaster. They will get him for mail fraud.

From what I have seen there are way to many DOUCHE BAGS on GB for me.

I have seen guys selling a $100 rifle for $500. Then when you contact them about why it has such a high price when the blue book is $400 lower. They get all pissed off and sware at you and threaten to contact GB and have you kicked off.

5. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Try Gunsamerica.com. I have had some decent experiences there.

6. Bigcat_hunter

Bigcat_hunter New Member

Screw Gunbroker. Those guys are a$$holes. Use Auction Arms. Auction Arms is endorsed by the NRA, cheaper fees for sellers and you can actually call and talk to someone if there is a problem. Dealing with the yahoos at Gunbroker is like dealing with nazi's that refuse to use telephones and only care about taking your money. I cant say enough good things about the professionals that run Auction Arms.

7. Mr. Bluesky

Mr. Bluesky New Member

I'll second this, got my Mk III from there, $120 below MSRP.

8. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Thanks for the heads up! I'm looking at purchasing a new firearm and was considering online.

9. ItsmeShane

ItsmeShane New Member

i had my first successful aution on there this week. I only bought a choke tube, but it went well. the seller was an @$$hole though.

10. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I've purchased a lot of items thru ebay and gunbroker. The key is investigating the seller before you purchase. Look into their feedback, ask some serious questions and see what kind of response you get. Typically if they answer your questions quickly and try to help you, they will do the same once the item is sold. They don't have to have 100% feedback to be a good seller, if they've sold 150 items and have 2 negative, I wouldn't be worried. If they have 15.....keep shopping.

11. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Have bought on GB and AA. Very much prefer AA. WAY too many overpriced guns on GB that get relisted and relisted and relisted. I look at feedback for sellers, and if there is a negative, I look at that. You will never make EVERYBODY happy, but if the response to a neg is a frothing at the mouth screaming name calling- who the hell needs THAT? The head honcho over at AA is known to the members as "The Cat Herder"- you WILL deal straight, or get herded out the door.

12. jimbobpissypants

jimbobpissypants New Member

Wow! I better be more careful on there. I have in the past won auctions, and been nothing but happy, but I think I'll be less naive in the future.

13. BacktoGats

BacktoGats New Member

Real interested to see what GB does with my complaint.

14. psykodriver

psykodriver New Member

i've used GB and EBAY for quite a few items, buying and selling. only a couple bad deals on both sites. I've looked at gunsamerica and AA a couple times, never was too much listed on those sites. I haven't been to them in over a year, so maybe they've gotten better. I'll check it out.
    I agree about the money order....every money order has a tracking number, you can see who cashed it and where as long as you still have the portion you kept...the tear off piece that has the info on it. track the money order and get your vengeance. I would.
    Don't let this discourage you though....if you shop around and check sellers/buyers out, you'll be fine.

15. hdwrench

hdwrench New Member

i have used gunbroker many times and never had a problem . i always look at the feedback before i buy thou .

wrench

16. BILLYBOB44

BILLYBOB44 New Member

Me too, wrench. I have not bought a gun there, but I've bought a load of reloading items=100% Great so far.........:eek:

17. xxxSAVAGExxx

xxxSAVAGExxx New Member

Auction Arms

The prices on Auction Arms seem to be alot better, there are some pretty good sellers on GB but I have always had better luck with AA. Just my two cents, that and a dollar might get you a cup of coffee.

18. wolfdog

wolfdog New Member

I have used Gunbroker quite a bit, the only time I had an "issue" was a seller who forgot to ship the $5.00 item I won the bid on. When I contacted him he was very sorry. So sorry he sent me about $40.00 dollars worth of free stuff along with my part.

19. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

I have bought and sold on Gunbroker/Auction Arms/Ebay for years and think they are all great services. If you have a problem with a seller,contact the website per their rules.If that doesn't work,then use the legal system to get results. Contact the Postmaster/Attorney General or have an Attorney send the seller a letter and you usually get results fast.
    Although most gun people hate PayPal,they are great if you use them on Ebay.If you have trouble with a seller and they won't return correspondence with you,PayPal will issue you a refund directly and then they will deal with the seller. I know this from personal experience with them.

Most people selling items on these sevices are honest folks,but there are bad apples in every barrel. You just need to take advantage of all of the available resources before you choose to send money to a complete stranger.