Firearms Talk banner
41 - 60 of 70 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I got to the range and it is shooting very good. I was shooting at 25 ft.The first 20 rounds.
Human body Font Circle Auto part Audio equipment

And after I adjusted my aim point.
Font Art Gas Circle Liquid

Registered
as it stands now, i have 2 CZ's. my first was the 75B, (before the pandemic) and my latest is the 97B (actually during the pandemic), it was just sitting there amongst all the other .45 calibers!

as time/budget allows as well as availability these days of the pandemic buying spree's, i hope to get a "few more" to add to a small collection i have started.

can't seem to post pics

Registered
Discussion Starter · #53 · (Edited)
I check online the big sports stores, and some times get indications that they have ammo in stock. But it takes a visit to actually find any. I just walked into local Academy Sports and there on the shelf where CCI minimags, and Browning 9 MM. So I purchased what they allowed me, 3 boxes each. My wife did the same. We added 600 22 Lr. and 900 9 MM. to our stock. That is more than we shot from the last time I found ammo.
So far we have increased our stock during this shortage while still enjoying our regular range visits.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #54 · (Edited)
I got to the range and shot the standard barrel. I started out with CCI standard velocity 40 gr. hollow point. Then some CCI MiniMag, Federal Auto Match, and Remington Golden.
The kit functioned flawlessly and was a pleasure to shoot.
Paint Art Precision sports Recreation Font

THIS WAS FROM 25 FT.
I will add that a couple stalls away from me was a shooter firing a full auto AR 15 pistol that acounted for some of my lack of accuracy.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #55 · (Edited)
Got to take my second grandson to the range to shoot a few rounds, he had the BuckMark I had given him back last fall. He also shot some with the S2 with the 22 Lr kit. He liked the weight of the S2 and made a comment about he thought he could see the rounds hit the target.
The standard barrel is getting more accurate each time I shoot it. Both of us where putting all the rounds in the 10X at 25 ft. on a IPDA target.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
I had experienced some light primer strikes from the S2 Kadet, and did some investigating. I found that the Kadet needed a stronger spring, so ordered and installed the 16# spring and the result is no more light hits. It did make a slight increase in the trigger, from a 2.5 to a 2.8 pound pull.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #57 · (Edited)
When I was at the local indoor range, I was shooting the S2 Kadet and then switched over to 9MM. As I shoot I began to noticed that after 3 or 4 shots I could not tell where I was hitting the target. I just began to make a big hole, the accuracy of this hand gun at 25 ft. is so much better than any I had before.
Even the 22 Lr. Kadet is doing the same.
I guess I need to start shooting at a longer distance, maybe 45 ft.

Premium Member
@windjammer69 , I wonder if all the shooting with that gun in .22LR re-trained your muscle memory and control to the point that you ended up with better technique. No recoil to speak of, with the Kadet .22, so no anticipation etc. (A bit like good-quality dry firing practice can smooth out one's triggering.)

Whatever the cause, one jagged hole is good.

Gotta love CZ pistols. They do work pretty well.

Premium Member
The use of 2" pasters can be a good aid for sharpening your accuracy.

Put a 2" paster on the target; at 5yds, try one-shot single-handed firing; then two-shot strings, single-handed at that same distance; then the same with the off-hand. When improved to the point it's frequent you hit the paster, move it out a couple of yards. Draw and fire a couple of shots; holster; then with the off-hand fire a couple of shots; etc.

If you ever get the chance for moving targets (ie, across your field of view), try the same thing with that target.

One way I used 2" pasters was: attempt to shoot a string of shots around the edge of the paster, in sequence, to cut out the center of the paster from the target. Only got that accurate with one gun, back in the '90s (a Browning BDM). But it was really good practice for essential accuracy, those two methods.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #60 · (Edited)
Today I decided to move the targets out to 45 ft. And was surprised with the results.
Font Rectangle Art Wall Material property

Ten rounds, and all I can say is the CZ Shadow 2 just continues to shoot better and better.
Even the 22 Lr. Kadet is far better than any hand gun I have owned.
Wood Rectangle Floor Flooring Hardwood

I was shooting Winchester 115 gr. 9 mm white box, and CCI 40 gr. 22 Lr. Hollowpoint Standard velocity ammo.

41 - 60 of 70 Posts