Firearms Talk banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #45 (Edited)
I installed the treaded barrel and a Tactical Solutions compensator, so I am ready for a trip to the range.
20201015_073548.jpg

The barrel is held at the front by an adaptor while the slide moves to cycle. This is a unique system, can't wait to see how accurate it is.
20201015_074748.jpg
20201015_074812.jpg

Registered
Discussion Starter #47
I got to the range and it is shooting very good. I was shooting at 25 ft.The first 20 rounds.
20201015_140633.jpg

And after I adjusted my aim point.
20201015_142446.jpg

Registered
as it stands now, i have 2 CZ's. my first was the 75B, (before the pandemic) and my latest is the 97B (actually during the pandemic), it was just sitting there amongst all the other .45 calibers!

as time/budget allows as well as availability these days of the pandemic buying spree's, i hope to get a "few more" to add to a small collection i have started.

can't seem to post pics

Registered
Discussion Starter #53
I check online the big sports stores, and some times get indications that they have ammo in stock. But it takes a visit to actually fine any. I just walked into local Academy Sports and there on the shelf where CCI minimags, and Browning 9 MM. So I purchased what they allowed me, 3 boxes each. My wife did the same. We added 600 22 Lr. and 900 9 MM. to our stock. That is more than we shot from the last time I found ammo.
So far we have increased our stock during this shortage while still enjoying our regular range visits.

Registered
Discussion Starter #54 (Edited)
I got to the range and shot the standard barrel. I started out with CCI standard velocity 40 gr. hollow point. Then some CCI MiniMag, Federal Auto Match, and Remington Golden.
The kit functioned flawlessly and was a pleasure to shoot.
20201112_135242.jpg

THIS WAS FROM 25 FT.
I will add that a couple stalls away from me was a shooter firing a full auto AR 15 pistol that acounted for some of my lack of accuracy.

Registered
Discussion Starter #55 (Edited)
Got to take my second grandson to the range to shoot a few rounds, he had the BuckMark I had given him back last fall. He also shot some with the S2 with the 22 Lr kit. He liked the weight of the S2 and made a comment about he thought he could see the rounds hit the target.
The standard barrel is getting more accurate each time I shoot it. Both of us where putting all the rounds in the 10X at 25 yrds on a IPDA target.

Registered
Discussion Starter #56
I had experienced some light primer strikes from the S2 Kadet, and did some investigating. I found that the Kadet needed a stronger spring, so ordered and installed the 16# spring and the result is no more light hits. It did make a slight increase in the trigger, from a 2.5 to a 2.8 pound pull.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts