Firearms Talk banner
21 - 40 of 70 Posts

Banned
OBTW, if you want some fun with your S2, buy the Kadet 22lr conversion for it. I caught them on sale from CZC last year. :cool: :D

Registered
If you get a Compact for a carry sidearm, may I make a suggestion? Cajun Gun Works in Monroe, LA. They are the ONLY people I let work on my CZ pistols...ever...The Compact/PCR/P-01 trigger is rougher to start than the high dollar competition pistols, but smooths in to glass over time...or you can jump start it with a trip to CGW. CZ ergonomics fit me like a glove, and oddly enough I have switched almost exclusively to CZ striker fired as well, go figure. I carried a P-01 for about a decade, and when I switched people kept asking me who I had the trigger job done by...just Father Time and about 20,000 rounds. :)
So, do you want the smaller version of what you have, DA/SA trigger, steel frame, safety only? That's the CZ75 Compact. With an alloy frame, loaded chamber indicator, low mount rear sight and decocker, it's the PCR. Same as the PCR but minus the LCI and add in an M3 rail and standard rear sight, and you have the P-01. All three use the same magazines.
The PCR has been to me the gold standard of traditional DA/SA CCW sidearms.

Premium Member
My CZ 75 D compact PCR was my favorite 9mm for quite a while

Quite an accuate gun even with rapid fire

As I got older the tiny sights got smaller and the serrated trigger started hurting my skin on the pad on my trigger finger... (45 yrs off office work vs working with my hands)... So off to the trading/sale block she went

Don't regret having it or regret selling it

It was, to this day, one of the most comfortable, hand-fitting, point and shoot guns I've ever owned

The rubberized grips were my favorite and the alloy frame, 14+1 capacity hammer-fired DA/SA were my favorite combo of features

They just needed to smooth the trigger surface and put old-guy large dots on the sights (IMHO)... And I was too cheap to pursue either

Reactions: Rifling82

Registered
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
What a wonderful Holiday weekend, took my oldest son to the range with me today. He lives in another state and does not get home much. He got to shoot the CZ and promptly told me that he would like for it be his someday. It appears that this one is spoken for when I am not able to shoot it anymore.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I have to admit that this CZ has very quickly become my favorite hand gun to shoot. With its weight the recoil is not uncomfortable, with excellent control from the ergonomics of the grip. The accuracy is better than any 9 mm semi-automatic that I have shot. It was worth the price.

Registered
I just shot my first CZ 75 a few weeks ago. It felt better with factory grips than any pistol I have ever picked up.
It also shot extremely well for me.
It is the tactical model with the decocker (which I like).
I called a friend that I know has one and asked him how he liked his, he told me "Pretty good, I have 5 of them now."
I know the guy and that's good enough for me.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #36 · (Edited)
I understand about the feel of the factory gun, the fit and feel of the CZ is different than other handguns.
And I just put in an order for a P07 and a Kadet 22 Lr. Kit for the S2. That makes two CZs for me, I will start a new post when I get everything in and tested.

Registered
I understand about the feel of the factory gun, the fit and feel of the CZ is different than other handguns.
Before I lost it in the great tragic firefloodnadoquake I had a Trooper MKIII that had some custom grips on it that were great and a P220 Elite that's factory grips felt great, but the CZ may be the best fit for me ever.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #38 · (Edited)
My wonderful wife purchased a set of Lok grips to upgrade the Shadow 2 for Christmas.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Recreation
Air gun Trigger Grey Wood Gun barrel
Air gun Trigger Revolver Gun barrel Gas

They are ridgback with palm swell in purple and black( grand daughter's favorite).
They fit very tight and required no modifications at all. Nice addition as they seem to make the grip more secure and as far as I can tell a bit more comfortable.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
As I have shot well over 2,000 rounds the trigger has gotten silky smooth, with an effortless break. I can double, triple, and so on with just as smooth action as I have ever had in a hand gun. Even better that my custom Kimber. And the accuracy is just astounding, this gun just is so easy to shot very well. I have developed a bad habit of shooting all the rounds that I have every time I go the range. I have had to keep one mag fully loaded and not even take it out of the range bag to keep from shooting every round I have, leaving 15 rounds untill I reload or purchase more.

Registered
As I have shot well over 2,000 rounds the trigger has gotten silky smooth, with an effortless break. I can double, triple, and so on with just as smooth action as I have ever had in a hand gun. Even better that my custom Kimber. And the accuracy is just astounding, this gun just is so easy to shot very well. I have developed a bad habit of shooting all the rounds that I have every time I go the range. I have had to keep one mag fully loaded and not even take it out of the range bag to keep from shooting every round I have, leaving 15 rounds untill I reload or purchase more.

Good to hear. Pretty much mirrors my experience with CZ triggers.

Reactions: Rifling82
21 - 40 of 70 Posts