Firearms Talk banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am very surprised at the size of the grip, considering that the magazine holds 17+ rounds. I only have three fingers on my right hand from an accident years ago, but I can get a good grip on the gun. The aluminum grips have aggressive cut checkering that help securing it in my hand. I think that the weight of it will help reduce felt recoil. Looking forward to getting time on the range next week.

Registered
I have been fondling the CZ鈥檚 and Jericho鈥檚 since we had a discussion about them at the range a while back. I am thinking I might just need one or the other.

Yours is a looker, you are just adding gasoline to the fire for me!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I got to the range last night, and love the Shadow 2. The checking on the front of the grip made all the difference. I had no trouble controlling the gun on the follow up shots.
Watch Rectangle Eyewear Everyday carry Gadget
the recoil was far less than my Colt, and the total grip from the CZ was very comfortable.
Bumper Automotive exterior Grille Carbon Knife
The larger mag release is a step above anything else. I thought as big as it was might be a problem hitting it by accident, but that did not happen.
The way that CZ made a cut on the back side allowing me to get my hand in high and forward made for very easy shooting.

Premium Member
Great gun, the one you will see on the ranges here the most. How does the price compare with the UK.

Category: .Pistol : Hand guns
Make: CZ
Model: Shadow 2
Certificate Required: Yes
Orientation: Right
Calibre: 9mm
Mechanism: Semi automatic
Price: 拢1125
Gun Condition: New

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
With the second trip to the range, but only 150 rounds this hand gun is getting more accurate with each magazine.
After a suggestion from one of the range training officers, I found that changing my two handed grip made an improvement, that may have been some of my problem all along.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am so happy with this CZ that I am now on the hunt for a 75 compact to be my CC weapon. The trigger is what has got me, it is the smoothest that I have fired (out side of my 40 year old Colt Python).

Banned
I am so happy with this CZ that I am now on the hunt for a 75 compact to be my CC weapon. The trigger is what has got me, it is the smoothest that I have fired (out side of my 40 year old Colt Python).
They will not be the same, the S2 is a competition gun, the compact is a carry/service gun. Yes, you can tune any gun.

I have 75 compact PCR, alloy frame and a decocker.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts